Marder IIIM

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Marder IIIM

April 20th, 2010, 11:26 am #1

Guys
Ok, here it is. It's been a long time since I completed a 1/48 model, so I'm pleased with that at least. Next up (and this will please Lu) is a small vignette for it, just waiting for the Gaso.Line crew. Full build, all being well, in the July issue of MMI.
Cheers
David

April 20th, 2010, 12:44 pm #2

Mmmmmm .... very nice and interesting camo ... and a really subtle but effective weathering on those roads .... good!!

April 20th, 2010, 1:00 pm #3

Guys
Ok, here it is. It's been a long time since I completed a 1/48 model, so I'm pleased with that at least. Next up (and this will please Lu) is a small vignette for it, just waiting for the Gaso.Line crew. Full build, all being well, in the July issue of MMI.
Cheers
David

April 20th, 2010, 1:09 pm #4

Guys
Cheers
David

hi David

this was the year of the tiger ..? Marder or month .. ?
I think it will not be the one to see in short, a very good painting
continue the progress and to that scene

the end will tell Lu, put the model of the month ..

regards Xavier

April 20th, 2010, 1:25 pm #5

Guys
Cheers
David

Oh yes...restraint - something that I must learn to do. You certainly have the touch. The light, dusty effects are excellent, David.

Rick

http://migproductions-usa.com/

http://ricklawler.plastic-garden.com/

April 20th, 2010, 7:50 pm #6

Thanks, looking at Pat's, Rick's, Lu's, Murat's and others models I think I'm too restrained. The model is a little more dramatic in the flesh, so to speak, I'll have to play about with the camera settings and Photoshop. Just waiting on the Gaso.Line figures and I'll be good to go. I really enjoyed this return to Quarterscale . . . perhaps a King Tiger next for the Year of the Tiger . . .
Cheers
David

April 20th, 2010, 8:33 pm #7

Guys
Cheers
David

Looks very nice this little Marder! Fine job you have done. Congratulations!

Cheers
Lars

http://tankmodels.blogspot.com/

April 20th, 2010, 11:12 pm #8

Guys
Cheers
David

Hi David;

That is a good-looking Marder, my friend!

This is the version I have been waiting for since the release of the first one, I love the lines on the 'M' version. You have sold me, I definitely have to get one now that I have seen this little beauty.
Open topped tank destroyers are my second passion, aside from Shermans.....

Good show, David. It looks the business.

Cheers Mate, Pat

April 21st, 2010, 2:34 pm #9

Guys
Cheers
David

April 27th, 2010, 11:23 pm #10

Guys
Cheers
David

Nice Job David, I really like the blown wheel seals, nice touch!

- John