Mammut dio

May 16th, 2012, 9:31 am #1

G'day Guy's
Here is a progress pic of the Mammut dio. the Mammut is nearly finished now and hopefully I
will finish it all by Sunday including the dio and post further photos.
Hope you all enjoy it so far
Regards to all.
Alan.

May 16th, 2012, 11:45 am #2

would you add empty shells for 88?

http://roman-bizarre.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/rvscale/
https://roman-the-modelmaker.blogspot.no/

My wish list for the Mammut

May 16th, 2012, 12:49 pm #3

G'day Guy's
Here is a progress pic of the Mammut dio. the Mammut is nearly finished now and hopefully I
Regards to all.
Alan.
Alan,

Once again, I am absolutely pleased with what you have made until now. The scene looks very nice and the work involved is really notable.

Okay, following Roman suggestion I have a couple more for you.

1> Please tone down that streaking hair color of the civilian (it may be the pic though). For that you can completely re-paint the hair in another shade or (what I would do if I were you) just apply some small dotting in a darker shade overall. You will see the impression will change greatly with very little effort by your side.

2> Maybe you have something in mind as the scene is not compelte, but apart the civilian one or two german tankers would complete the story to me. In my opinion there are (for example) some very suitable Tamiya figures for the scene you can add quickly. Email me for more details and we can follow the conversation off board if you want.

Suggestions apart, very excellent work amigo.

Lu

http://www.onefortyeight.com

Loving this more & more.....

May 16th, 2012, 6:09 pm #4

G'day Guy's
Regards to all.
Alan.
Alan;

Although I agree with Lu, the civilian's hair may be a bit bright (I cannot paint blond hair), the only add-ons I'd recommend would be some ammunition/cases for the Mammut, and perhaps a couple of crewmen. Maybe even make them chatting with the gentleman on the curb.
Comments aside, I love this model, and I LOVE the coloring on the building facade.

Gorgeous model and scene, Alan. A winner for me.

Cheers, Pat

Great scene!

May 16th, 2012, 6:09 pm #5

G'day Guy's
Regards to all.
Alan.
The mammout ir very nice, but the building is also great.
congrats!

May 16th, 2012, 7:10 pm #6

G'day Guy's
Regards to all.
Alan.
A nice scene for setting your Mammut Alan.

Best,
Jose

Nice scene

May 16th, 2012, 9:35 pm #7

G'day Guy's
Regards to all.
Alan.
This is a very nice scene with a special vehicle. I realy like the red primer, look's great with the sand camo.
You still received some useful advices, but please let me suggest just a very small change. I would place the vehicle in a little bit different angle, not paralel to the house, diorama base, or the street. You coul still turn the vehicle to the right, just a bit.
Anyway, some figures would bring more life to this scene, as the guys said. Keep up the good work!

Regards
Archy

Suggestions?

May 16th, 2012, 10:07 pm #8

G'day Guy's
Regards to all.
Alan.
Hi Alan!

I´m afraid this is senseless... because the vignette is not finished yet mainly, but here I go:

What about adding some more different hues to the wooden objects?

What about adding a bit of dust onto the street lamp?

What about addind some different hue to a very few tiles?

What about if I say that I wouldn´t be able to do such a good work, involving a rare subject with a nice setting? I love the buildings colours as well!

1/48th armour scenes rules... but you have moved one step ahead with this one!

Regards!
Alvaro Rodriguez

Thanks Roman

May 17th, 2012, 1:00 pm #9

would you add empty shells for 88?

http://roman-bizarre.blogspot.com/
G'day Roman.
Yes I think you are right, I shall place some empty shells on the engine cover.
Regards to you my friend.
Alan

Thanks Lu

May 17th, 2012, 1:02 pm #10

Alan,

Once again, I am absolutely pleased with what you have made until now. The scene looks very nice and the work involved is really notable.

Okay, following Roman suggestion I have a couple more for you.

1> Please tone down that streaking hair color of the civilian (it may be the pic though). For that you can completely re-paint the hair in another shade or (what I would do if I were you) just apply some small dotting in a darker shade overall. You will see the impression will change greatly with very little effort by your side.

2> Maybe you have something in mind as the scene is not compelte, but apart the civilian one or two german tankers would complete the story to me. In my opinion there are (for example) some very suitable Tamiya figures for the scene you can add quickly. Email me for more details and we can follow the conversation off board if you want.

Suggestions apart, very excellent work amigo.

Lu

http://www.onefortyeight.com
Thanks Lu.
thanks for your encouragement.Check your inbox, I emailed you earlier.
Regards to you.
Alan