Making Fire for 1/35, is this a break through?

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Making Fire for 1/35, is this a break through?

January 20th, 2012, 10:35 pm #1

http://miniatures.about.com/od/miniatur ... nkfire.htm

I came across this site tonight looking endlessly for fire effects for Panther 225 Prahm's Panther at Stoumont. I have never seen this before and it looks to me with some alterations like a breakthrough?.

I would love to see this talked about, as I know making fire is a make or break and moreover, total walkaround for modellers, as the effects are never realistic. My only real issue is the smoke..What to do there...

Kent

January 21st, 2012, 4:04 am #2

To me it would look odd. The flickering fire would be the only movement in the dio. Why is the fire animated and nothing else; static figures, vehicles, grass, etc.? The dio is a snapshot in time, freezing the action and capturing it for an instant. The flickering fire would ruin that effect for me.

Gino P. Quintiliani

Field Artillery --- The KING of BATTLE!!!

HeavyArty's Showcase

Field Artillery --- The KING of BATTLE!!!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

January 21st, 2012, 10:00 am #3

I came across this site tonight looking endlessly for fire effects for Panther 225 Prahm's Panther at Stoumont. I have never seen this before and it looks to me with some alterations like a breakthrough?.

I would love to see this talked about, as I know making fire is a make or break and moreover, total walkaround for modellers, as the effects are never realistic. My only real issue is the smoke..What to do there...

Kent
I use Bleached Wool, it came years ago from the Chemist in UK.
Very effective for thin wispy not dense smoke.

Do you need some?

Andrew
In UK

January 23rd, 2012, 4:29 pm #4

Kent
A guy used a small electric votive candle. It flickers just a bit, and tucked well into a bit of a wood tepee it looked very good.

Mike