Maco SdKfz 7 deleted ?

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Maco SdKfz 7 deleted ?

August 7th, 2011, 5:12 pm #1

Hi guys!

Was just surfin' the Henk of Holland page and noted that the SdKfz 7 is deleted from the Maco future releases list !

http://henk.fox3000.com/maco.htm

Why ? Have anyone some infos? I was waiting from years for these - and now? I am more than dissapinted ...

Cheers,
Christian

August 7th, 2011, 7:21 pm #2

There is a post not to far down, (no.52 next page over Flakpanzer IV from Maco).
Matthis says working with Revell on something modern, but suspect since they have a new 88mm kits they have also done a trade with Revell for their Pz IV kit as his Flakpanzer IV base & he's mot allow to say in case DML or Trumpeter get wind of it? (surprised Trumpeter haven't pulled finger & done one anyway, unless it's around the other way & Matthis know someone else is already planning one anyway?)

Cheers Elliott

August 8th, 2011, 7:08 am #3

I think Elliott is spot on here (at least I hope he is).

Hopefully we'll see a sd.kfz. from Revell later this year or early 2012. With the work Matthias has already put into this (judging from the photos I've seen of the prototype) and his cooperation with Revell , it would make sense to let Revell release it (if for nothing else, then for the bigger distributor network Revell have).

The other option, another manufacturer releasing the kit soon, could make sense, but Trumpeter has been a bit slow with the new releases lately, and Dragon seems to have shifted their attention to wheeled soft-skin vehicles instead of half-tracks.

Well, I could be totally wrong!

/Steen

PS. Elliott, did you get an e-mail from me last week? Or did it get lost along the way? Just checking!

Keep updated on new announcements and releases from the small scale manufacturers at http://inscalemodelling.com