M915 Guntruck

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

M915 Guntruck

April 8th, 2012, 7:33 pm #1

After having a complete and utter painting disaster the other day I decided to take a pleasant drive down Guntruck alley. The kit is the Minimanfactory M915 guntruck but completely converted to the other style shown in the Tankograd OIF guntruck book. I took the inspiration from there but have made my own changes; gun station, exhaust, wheel color, and side ladder. The name of the truck will be different and a upgrade on the rear gun station that has yet to be added. Some weathering started but waiting for other details to be added before finals are done. Truck is loose right now so gap on hood is because of that. Hope you like, Late SD

April 9th, 2012, 12:34 pm #2

looking forward to seeing this done,
go great with the rest of the collection.

Malc.

http://malcolmireson.co.uk/

April 9th, 2012, 9:20 pm #3

After having a complete and utter painting disaster the other day I decided to take a pleasant drive down Guntruck alley. The kit is the Minimanfactory M915 guntruck but completely converted to the other style shown in the Tankograd OIF guntruck book. I took the inspiration from there but have made my own changes; gun station, exhaust, wheel color, and side ladder. The name of the truck will be different and a upgrade on the rear gun station that has yet to be added. Some weathering started but waiting for other details to be added before finals are done. Truck is loose right now so gap on hood is because of that. Hope you like, Late SD

Nice work, SD!

Cheers, Tracy

April 10th, 2012, 4:00 am #4

or wutevs.

I think it's a awesome canvas for some sick weathering.

Don't forget the Tequila.

later

http://armorfarm.blogspot.com/

April 10th, 2012, 1:08 pm #5

hi Anthony

Good work so far, I just see one thing.

The roof from the box need to be wider to able the GPK ring outfit in red on my pic

But its surely too late

pascal bausset

April 10th, 2012, 1:50 pm #6

red lines look killer on the truck!!!!! Yes it appears that my top cabin is undersize, but alas it is not. I said everything is loose which means gun ring is not glued and moved a bit when I moved the truck for pix. Likewise the gap on the hood.

Thanks anyway for pointing it out.

Late, Superdope

April 10th, 2012, 3:36 pm #7

hi Anthony

Good work so far, I just see one thing.

The roof from the box need to be wider to able the GPK ring outfit in red on my pic

But its surely too late

pascal bausset
here another side view (not those from the Tankograd book)

And pics with the same blue line on your truck

And a detail view :

Hope this help you

pascal bausset

April 10th, 2012, 5:19 pm #8

If you look real close on the inside of the box you will see a line just aft of your line, this was my original panel riser. It is visible on the inside drivers side, The whole upperbox was to this line. I sat many nights looking at the box as such and decided I didn't like it and moved it forward, maybe too much? Whatever, it is how it is I'm afraid to say. The box might not(and is not) per measurment so it is not absoulutly accurate. I build for enjoyment and as I said this guntruck is only inspired by the ref. truck, not to be taken as absolute. Don't be offended because I mean no disrespect to you PB, but if this truck(or my build) inspires you to build the absolute correct Guntruck, do it. insert super smiley truck lover happy face here

Late SD

April 10th, 2012, 5:30 pm #9

here another side view (not those from the Tankograd book)

And pics with the same blue line on your truck

And a detail view :

Hope this help you

pascal bausset
as you can see, your ref. pic truck has exhaust stack, if mine had exhaust stack the blue line would sit right about where the it is on ref. pic. I moved box forward to compensate for the gap(cab to box) about 8.50 mm. This throws the drop line forward.
late, SD

April 10th, 2012, 5:50 pm #10

the stowage box on that side doesn't match the photo either, time to call an audible dude.

I mapped out a play for you.

[/IMG]

http://armorfarm.blogspot.com/