M706 questions..

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

M706 questions..

June 20th, 2012, 11:00 pm #1

I'm building the HB kit and have noticed both the pale green and white interiors in the pics in David Doyle's book. Were either of them more correct for Vietnam? Also, does anyone make the radios that were used in them? Preferrably in resin? TIA,
Dave

June 21st, 2012, 10:24 pm #2

I think the radio that is shown in the last few pages of the Doyle book is an RT-246. This unit is included in the Verlinden #198 "NATO Radio Sets". It even comes with the anti-shock mount and a few speakers. I am not sure if this set is still in production but it should not be too hard to find. I cannot verify that this radio is correct for the M706, only that it matches the one shown in the book.
I am away from my references right now so I can't give you much information.
As for the interior color, I can't help you as I am wondering the same thing. I was under the impression that white was replaced by sea foam green in the mid 60's, at least as far as the M113 series went. I figured the same would be true for the M706.
HTH.
Andrew

remove all "x" from email
Last edited by miller400 on June 21st, 2012, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 22nd, 2012, 8:25 pm #3

I'm building the HB kit and have noticed both the pale green and white interiors in the pics in David Doyle's book. Were either of them more correct for Vietnam? Also, does anyone make the radios that were used in them? Preferrably in resin? TIA,
Dave
I received a call from a friend who was in Vietnam in '71, and he said every M113, M577, Mottar carrier and anything of that era was in the Seafoam green interior color. Differeing ahades, but that color. He was around the Air Force MP units, and their M706(V100's) were in a Dark Blue, not green. Of that he was certain. So, I think I'm going with the pale green interior color on mine!!
I appreciate the radio tip...according to VP it is still in production!!