M60A1

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

M60A1

May 8th, 2012, 1:30 am #1

I recently had a chance to get A good look at some M60s thanks to Chris Hughes showing me around the Littlefield collection. One thing I did notice was the M60 was just as interesting as the T72 and t55s they have there. So here`s a model of a well used M60.
The base kit was ESCI
parts from Tamiya where used
turret from Def
bronco tracks
and a few other bits and pieces.
I`m looking for a little feedback on heavy weathering on modern tanks.

May 8th, 2012, 1:37 am #2

Hey Chris, you blow me away dude, that is awesome!! You are putting me to shame, I am still grinding away on my USMC M1A1 HC, and you have finished another one!!
Shane.

Just enough knowledge to be dangerous, but not enough to help anyone.

May 8th, 2012, 4:07 am #3

I recently had a chance to get A good look at some M60s thanks to Chris Hughes showing me around the Littlefield collection. One thing I did notice was the M60 was just as interesting as the T72 and t55s they have there. So here`s a model of a well used M60.
The base kit was ESCI
turret from Def
bronco tracks

Yah, until you see an M60 series up close you don't really have an appreciation of how big and tall they really are. Nice job - I don't mind the weathered look but it would good on a base to give it some reasoning for the muddy look.

Jim

May 8th, 2012, 5:34 am #4

The base kit was ESCI
turret from Def
bronco tracks

Great build and finish!
Your pics show exactly why this is such a beautifull tank. Sleek and strong.

best regards,

Marc Brandes

Replace dod in email address

May 8th, 2012, 5:38 am #5

The base kit was ESCI
turret from Def
bronco tracks

stunning wearhering!
http://juy-modelling.blogspot.com

May 8th, 2012, 7:01 am #6

The base kit was ESCI
turret from Def
bronco tracks

You did it again, Chris! Beautiful weathering!

Cheers, Tracy

May 8th, 2012, 9:22 am #7

The base kit was ESCI
turret from Def
bronco tracks

For my taste, your best kit till now. Full of nice paintig details ... excelent weathering ... a pleasure to my eyes

May 8th, 2012, 11:34 am #8

The base kit was ESCI
turret from Def
bronco tracks

It sure is the best M60 in 35th scale ive seen yet!!!!!

May 8th, 2012, 12:43 pm #9

The base kit was ESCI
turret from Def
bronco tracks

Hi Chris,

Looks fantastic, I really like the heavy weathering on 'modern' vehicles. inspirational stuff.

All the best

Spud

May 8th, 2012, 2:22 pm #10

The base kit was ESCI
turret from Def
bronco tracks

some RSM is going to have some Crew Commanders guts for garters. : )