M60 Belts

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

M60 Belts

July 29th, 2006, 5:29 pm #1

Greetings,

I'm working on a 1/35th figure that will have some M60 belts draped around the shoulders and waist. Does anyone know of a company that produces photo etched M60 belts? I have some DML belts, but having a problems getting them to contour around the body. I've tried heating the DML belts in boiling water and with a hair dryer, but not having much luck getting them to hang naturally.

thanks for any info,

Roger

July 30th, 2006, 5:08 am #2

Eduard makes both .50 Cal and .30 Cal photo etched ammunition belts.

The .30 Cal belts should be able to pass easily as 7.62 mm linked belts for the M60. They will bend and fold into contours easily.

July 30th, 2006, 5:12 pm #3

Thanks Jason.

July 31st, 2006, 10:24 am #4

Greetings,

I'm working on a 1/35th figure that will have some M60 belts draped around the shoulders and waist. Does anyone know of a company that produces photo etched M60 belts? I have some DML belts, but having a problems getting them to contour around the body. I've tried heating the DML belts in boiling water and with a hair dryer, but not having much luck getting them to hang naturally.

thanks for any info,

Roger
Hi,

I feel p/e sets being basically 2 dimensional don't work for ammo belts-unless on a vehicle ammo box.

Try the Andrea white metal ones, they conform well and work for most modern light ammo.

Clive

July 31st, 2006, 1:19 pm #5

Greetings,

thanks for any info,

Roger
The way I use them is to slowly work them in my fingers to make them curve. You can keep the pressure on both sides of the belt that way, and gradually bend them without snapping them.
DAVID NICKELS

July 31st, 2006, 4:58 pm #6

David and Clive, thanks for your responses.

take care,

Roger