M60 A3 Concrete base

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

M60 A3 Concrete base

February 19th, 2017, 12:24 pm #1

After glued on the base a balsa wood sheet of 5 mm thickness I applied on it a layer of putty for shims available in the briko stores.Spend at least 24 hours when the putty is dry I sanded the entire surface with medium-grit sandpaper and then subsequently with a finer grain.After cleaning with a brush to remove the dust with a metal tip I engraved the surface reproducing the pavement separating lines and cracks that add realism and a more experienced in the whole.I then performed a light wash with raw umber oil and dry color I laid on the surface various shades of gray with the dry brush technique.Once you finished this step I realized oil stains with the specific product from the AK Interactive and also various dirtying earth tones with enamel colors.When I will place the vehicle and its various components on the base I will fulfill any other small aging interventions.

More photos on http://acciaioverdemodellingblog.blogsp ... -base.html

Ciao

February 19th, 2017, 3:44 pm #2

colors,oil stains,etc are all very convincing. I do see a pet peeve of mine here though. You have sub-consciously made the stains and marks,etc in the cracks pretty evenly spaced. Squint your eyes a bit and you can see a regular pattern. This dos not occur in reality. The hardest thing to reproduce is a random pattern. Ask a brick layer trying to make one in a patio floor with pavers.
A small thing but the tank you are putting on this is an awesome piece of modeling and I want the base to be as nice.
I hope you don't take offense here old friend,
J

February 19th, 2017, 4:10 pm #3

you most likely I will have to make new interventions on the base.Many of these stains were carried out to test the final result and it will be covered when will place the M60 and its engine.So I will make a new stains both near the tank and the engine and also I shall leave traces of dust and earth.Thanks again for your contructive comment.

Ciao

February 20th, 2017, 8:15 am #4

After glued on the base a balsa wood sheet of 5 mm thickness I applied on it a layer of putty for shims available in the briko stores.Spend at least 24 hours when the putty is dry I sanded the entire surface with medium-grit sandpaper and then subsequently with a finer grain.After cleaning with a brush to remove the dust with a metal tip I engraved the surface reproducing the pavement separating lines and cracks that add realism and a more experienced in the whole.I then performed a light wash with raw umber oil and dry color I laid on the surface various shades of gray with the dry brush technique.Once you finished this step I realized oil stains with the specific product from the AK Interactive and also various dirtying earth tones with enamel colors.When I will place the vehicle and its various components on the base I will fulfill any other small aging interventions.

Ciao

Great job Luigi,sei bravissimo 👍👍👍👍👍
http://steeltankspower.blogspot.com

February 20th, 2017, 8:50 am #5

Ciao

Hi Luigi, very good looking base - maybe the odd small weed in a couple of the cracks would give it a little variation?

February 20th, 2017, 5:35 pm #6

Great job Luigi,sei bravissimo 👍👍👍👍👍
http://steeltankspower.blogspot.com
Thank you so much Loris!!!

February 20th, 2017, 5:37 pm #7

Hi Luigi, very good looking base - maybe the odd small weed in a couple of the cracks would give it a little variation?
Maybe when I will place the M60 I'll add some variation.Thanks again!!!!

Ciao

February 20th, 2017, 8:32 pm #8

Ciao

Very nice, Luigi. Next step? Ciao F n/t

February 21st, 2017, 6:37 pm #9

next step the tank!!!!

Ciao

February 21st, 2017, 10:04 pm #10

Ciao

you made a very convincing concrete surface, fantastic and very realistics the scratches!

For the cracks, you could try also putting a cork sheet before the layer of putty.

Compliments!