M51 Degem Dalet

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

M51 Degem Dalet

April 25th, 2012, 2:56 am #1

Hi all,

Ive been working on Tamiyas' M51, converting it to a later version than appears in the kit.

Pictures tell the tale. Few last minute things to do, but its basically ready for paint. Tracks are just placed on for the photos, hence they're a little floaty boaty.

Crew stowage and additional hull side boxes are my own.

Sam.

www.schwerpunkt.com.au

April 25th, 2012, 4:06 am #2

im doing the kit version but i added the missing things...i love what you did to make it a late. cant wait to see it finished!

April 25th, 2012, 5:01 am #3

Hi all,

Ive been working on Tamiyas' M51, converting it to a later version than appears in the kit.

Pictures tell the tale. Few last minute things to do, but its basically ready for paint. Tracks are just placed on for the photos, hence they're a little floaty boaty.

Sam.

www.schwerpunkt.com.au
Great work...

Looks even better in real life.
Some of your finest work...

Realy well done.
Best.
Ray Blythe.

April 25th, 2012, 5:56 am #4

Hi all,

Sam.

www.schwerpunkt.com.au
Let me start by saying that I love what you're doing here.
Would it be possible to post a picture of the engine deck? I noticed you did something there too.
Thanx in advance and let us see the next steps of WIP, please!

Thanks again and happy modelling!

Steven from Munich

April 25th, 2012, 6:52 am #5

Hi all,

Sam.

www.schwerpunkt.com.au
Nice clean build - excellent!
What PE set did you use for the periscope cages, and are those formations tools?
Christian

April 25th, 2012, 12:26 pm #6

Hi all,

Sam.

www.schwerpunkt.com.au
Where did the covered searchlight come from?
Last edited by Warfrost on April 25th, 2012, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 25th, 2012, 1:57 pm #7

Hi all,

Sam.

www.schwerpunkt.com.au
Nice clean work!

April 25th, 2012, 5:41 pm #8

Hi all,

Sam.

www.schwerpunkt.com.au
Cool M-51 Sam!
Where does the searchlight come from? Or does it come with the kit?
cheers, Jan

April 25th, 2012, 7:19 pm #9

Hi all,

Sam.

www.schwerpunkt.com.au
...and big subject!

April 26th, 2012, 12:54 am #10

Hi all,

Sam.

www.schwerpunkt.com.au
Hey Sam

The M51 is looking very nice, excellent work. You taking this with you to Hawaii to paint?

Cheers

Chris