M5 AFV Club

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

M5 AFV Club

July 1st, 2012, 10:02 pm #1

This is the AFV early M5 with Blast Models resin sandbag set. The figures are the excellent Miniart US tank crew, mind you the heads are really awful and need replacing, but the bodies are true 1/35 scale. Looking closely at the photos i will do a little more work on the track teeth i think.
As usual all comments or pointers are welcome.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

July 1st, 2012, 11:02 pm #2

Dave,
it looks great, I love the figures and the weathering is superb as usual.
The groundwork is realy well done.

I think the track pads would have picked up a lot of dust and marks from the gravel road though.

Anto

July 2nd, 2012, 2:14 pm #3

This is the AFV early M5 with Blast Models resin sandbag set. The figures are the excellent Miniart US tank crew, mind you the heads are really awful and need replacing, but the bodies are true 1/35 scale. Looking closely at the photos i will do a little more work on the track teeth i think.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
tank and crew are all just super. Lifelike poses on the figgies and they look "settled" into their surroundings just right.
J

July 2nd, 2012, 9:23 pm #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Hi
Fancy that resin upgrade now ! Cool dio, great paintwork.

Well done.

Andrew

July 3rd, 2012, 2:37 pm #5

Dave,
it looks great, I love the figures and the weathering is superb as usual.
The groundwork is realy well done.

I think the track pads would have picked up a lot of dust and marks from the gravel road though.

Anto
Your right i still need to do a little work on the track pads as well. It's good to get fresh eyes and a different perspective on things.
Regard's, Dave.

July 3rd, 2012, 2:38 pm #6

tank and crew are all just super. Lifelike poses on the figgies and they look "settled" into their surroundings just right.
J
Thank you for your comments Jerry. n/t

July 3rd, 2012, 2:41 pm #7

Hi
Fancy that resin upgrade now ! Cool dio, great paintwork.

Well done.

Andrew
Yes' the Blast set is a nice little kit and worth getting. Thank's for looking.
Regard's, Dave.

July 4th, 2012, 2:04 pm #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Very nice scene Dave, looks great.

Love the groundwork, that roadbed is sharp.

http://armorfarm.blogspot.com/

July 5th, 2012, 4:12 pm #9

Thanks for the comment Ken. n/t. Dave.