M4A3T IDF and others

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

M4A3T IDF and others

August 3rd, 2012, 4:46 pm #1

Hi All
Here's my IDF M1 (M4A3T). Based on Dragon's M4A3 76mm kit with a Tasca engine deck and rear hull plate, etched details from various spares boxes, Tasca T-62 tracks and mantlet cover mounts added from rod/strip. Enjoyable build took about a 3 days. Will be marked with the typical large Letters and numbers on the turret with large chevron on hull.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Tamiya M51 with some details from the Voyager set designed for the DML kit.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

M1 HVSS - Tamiya M51 with turret from M1 kit and modified deck from the spare box. More Voyager etch.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

AA Tortoise kit - enjoyable build but I screwed up one side of the decals. Still plucking up courage to repair the hidden side!

[/IMG]

Italeri M109 Doher with Goffy models sets and some scratchbuilding. Got stalled when I moved just over a year ago. Hoping to pick this up again soon.

[/IMG]

Tamiya M48A3 with sherman cupola, modified hull front, 105mm and armoured filter covers added.

[/IMG]

Any tips or comments welcome!
Cheers
Owen

August 3rd, 2012, 6:15 pm #2

Owen,
Does the Doher use the Standard Barrel lock? I always get the Rochev and Doher messed up! Whichever uses the IDF modified version, someone really needs to make a resin add on for that!

August 3rd, 2012, 10:12 pm #3

Hi Mark
Thanks for the comments - I'm considering adding an M4A1 to the group before I get the paint out. It's a toss up at the moment between that and a Jordanian M48.
The Doher uses the remote operated lock - part of the reason I stalled. I only have the to build and the commanders cupola to sort and it's done. The Goffy set is well over priced for whats included - it would be great if Legend or someone took on the Rochev and Doher, especially with the Kinetic kit out and AFV on its way. An interior would be great too

Cheers
Owen

August 4th, 2012, 2:31 am #4

Hi All
Here's my IDF M1 (M4A3T). Based on Dragon's M4A3 76mm kit with a Tasca engine deck and rear hull plate, etched details from various spares boxes, Tasca T-62 tracks and mantlet cover mounts added from rod/strip. Enjoyable build took about a 3 days. Will be marked with the typical large Letters and numbers on the turret with large chevron on hull.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Tamiya M51 with some details from the Voyager set designed for the DML kit.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

M1 HVSS - Tamiya M51 with turret from M1 kit and modified deck from the spare box. More Voyager etch.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

AA Tortoise kit - enjoyable build but I screwed up one side of the decals. Still plucking up courage to repair the hidden side!

[/IMG]

Italeri M109 Doher with Goffy models sets and some scratchbuilding. Got stalled when I moved just over a year ago. Hoping to pick this up again soon.

[/IMG]

Tamiya M48A3 with sherman cupola, modified hull front, 105mm and armoured filter covers added.

[/IMG]

Any tips or comments welcome!
Cheers
Owen
I really enjoyed looking at your collection Owen, great builds all around.
Regard's, Dave.

August 4th, 2012, 6:12 am #5

Hi Mark
Thanks for the comments - I'm considering adding an M4A1 to the group before I get the paint out. It's a toss up at the moment between that and a Jordanian M48.
The Doher uses the remote operated lock - part of the reason I stalled. I only have the to build and the commanders cupola to sort and it's done. The Goffy set is well over priced for whats included - it would be great if Legend or someone took on the Rochev and Doher, especially with the Kinetic kit out and AFV on its way. An interior would be great too

Cheers
Owen
Hello
Great IDF colection.

Here are pics on my Doher barrel lock( work of my good friend )

August 4th, 2012, 1:01 pm #6

Hi Mark

Cheers
Owen
Owen,
The kinetics kit doesn't allow you to make an IDF version without surgery to the rear turret. Other than that and the length track I think it is a great kit!

August 4th, 2012, 1:02 pm #7

Hello
Great IDF colection.

Someone need to market those!!!! hint hint!

August 4th, 2012, 3:00 pm #8

Hello
Great IDF colection.

I agree with Mark. You friend should get them cast up! I'd certainly buy one just to get mine finished!

August 4th, 2012, 3:14 pm #9

Owen,
The kinetics kit doesn't allow you to make an IDF version without surgery to the rear turret. Other than that and the length track I think it is a great kit!
Bummer - though I just had a quick look at the sprue shots. The rear plate seems to be one solid piece with the extension box added to this with the roof connected to the turret shell. A pain but maybe doable.
The Eduard set I used came with mounts forthe side stowage rails. Apart from that you'd just need the front baskets (in the Eduard set but flat and undersized) and you'll have a fairly respectable Rochev

Go on Mark - you know you want to!

Owen

August 4th, 2012, 3:15 pm #10

I really enjoyed looking at your collection Owen, great builds all around.
Regard's, Dave.
I just need to get them painted now!

Cheers
Owen