M4A1 in Italy

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

M4A1 in Italy

April 27th, 2012, 5:57 pm #1

This is the Tasca kit built from the box except for the wading gear on the rear and the fuel can rack on the engine deck.
I did have a bit of a problem with the decals silvering in places and the gun tube has a noticable seam line running along it, something i didn't spot till i took the photos. I'll use an AM one on my next Tasca Shermie.
The base was made from plaster cast rocks out of a woodland scenic mould.
As usual all comments are welcome.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

April 27th, 2012, 6:30 pm #2

I love the look, a very appealing build, paint, and weathering combination. I am working on the Tasca M4A1DV currently. Two questions:
1-What color did you use for the sand/earth yellow ?
2-Where did the TC figure come from? I like the look of him, and want to do something very similar for mine, albeit in N Africa.

April 27th, 2012, 8:06 pm #3

This is the Tasca kit built from the box except for the wading gear on the rear and the fuel can rack on the engine deck.
I did have a bit of a problem with the decals silvering in places and the gun tube has a noticable seam line running along it, something i didn't spot till i took the photos. I'll use an AM one on my next Tasca Shermie.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Hi Dave,

I love it, the commander is fantastic, I wish I could do figures like that.
Is it for the show in two weeks (not three).

Anto

April 27th, 2012, 8:30 pm #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Hi
Very inspiring. I've done similar camo myself. Suggest that as the track pads touch dusty soil - not tarmac which rubs them clean - they are too clean, so the chevrons should be dusted too.

Love the dio rock too. Great base - love the earth tones.

Cheers
Andrew

April 27th, 2012, 9:00 pm #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Dave,

The kit looks fantastic and it makes me want to start into my Tasca Jumbo! Also, I love the base...I'm working on a dio in Sicily and was planning on using my father's HO Woodland Scenics rock molds but wasn't sure if they'd look right. Thanks to you, I now know they look just fine.

Mario

April 27th, 2012, 9:32 pm #6

I love the look, a very appealing build, paint, and weathering combination. I am working on the Tasca M4A1DV currently. Two questions:
1-What color did you use for the sand/earth yellow ?
2-Where did the TC figure come from? I like the look of him, and want to do something very similar for mine, albeit in N Africa.
I painted this a year ago so i can't really remember exactly what colours i used. I think i might have used Humbrol 110 light earth as a base and oversprayed it with some Humbrol 94 sand lightly misted.
The figure is the old Tamiya M4 commander with a Hornet head.
Regard's, Dave.

April 27th, 2012, 9:37 pm #7

Hi Dave,

I love it, the commander is fantastic, I wish I could do figures like that.
Is it for the show in two weeks (not three).

Anto
I was convinced it was on on the 19th- 20th and never checked. I'v got a lot to do so.
Thanks Anto.
Regard's, Dave.

April 27th, 2012, 9:49 pm #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
I must admit that I really like your model.

The two tone camouflage gives a nice touch. Even I´m starting to like sherman tanks...at least, at the Italian Front.

Cheers!

April 27th, 2012, 9:58 pm #9

Hi
Very inspiring. I've done similar camo myself. Suggest that as the track pads touch dusty soil - not tarmac which rubs them clean - they are too clean, so the chevrons should be dusted too.

Love the dio rock too. Great base - love the earth tones.

Cheers
Andrew
Yes the track pads should be dusty, thanks for pointing that out. Something was nagging me about the tracks and you put your finger on it. Great feedback Andrew, thank's a lot.
Regard's, Dave.

April 27th, 2012, 10:05 pm #10

Dave,

The kit looks fantastic and it makes me want to start into my Tasca Jumbo! Also, I love the base...I'm working on a dio in Sicily and was planning on using my father's HO Woodland Scenics rock molds but wasn't sure if they'd look right. Thanks to you, I now know they look just fine.

Mario
The rock moulds are a great idea Mario. Even if your not doing your model right away go make the rocks now and let them dry out for a few weeks. I made loads and chopped them up and rearranged them to suit the base. Thanks for your comments.
Regard's, Dave.