M48 90mm Y muzzle brake

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

M48 90mm Y muzzle brake

June 14th, 2012, 4:24 pm #1

Does anyone make the Y shaped muzzle brake for the 90mm gun?

June 15th, 2012, 7:16 am #2

Hi Mark
The only one I know of is in the Legend M48A2 conversion. Don't think Legend offer a spare part service, but maybe the importer can help?

Any developments with the Scout Car wheels?

Cheers
Owen

June 15th, 2012, 12:26 pm #3

They got their money but I have heard nothing from them... ie, hey we got your order, or we are packing it, or we are shipping it or we don't have it.

Thanks for the heads up on the kit! All the pictures don't show the barrel so I will look around.

June 15th, 2012, 4:37 pm #4

Hi Mark
Wouldn't worry about it. All I got is the paypal receipt and the parts arrived a few days later...

I got my unbuilt scout car out last night to have a check. The drums (?) are different on front and rear wheels - they sit at different lenghts on the axle. You might be ok for one but the other will need to be fudged. The size of the tyres and rims match the kits well though.

Good luck with the build.
Cheers
Owen

June 15th, 2012, 5:01 pm #5

Does anyone make the Y shaped muzzle brake for the 90mm gun?
Mark,

I've got a Legend M48A2 that had a shrunken hull. The rest of the parts are ok, so if you want it I can send you the barrel with Y muzzle brake parts.
Legend replaced the whole kit (free) for me and the new hull fits perfect.

John

June 15th, 2012, 8:54 pm #6

John,
That would be great!!!! Not sure if I really need the barrel unless it is required for the brake! The 105mm barrel for the Magach3 with ERA was so riddled with sink holes I ended up using a cut down Barrel Depot barrel to finish the progect. I can email you when I get home for cost and shipping information!

Mark

June 15th, 2012, 8:59 pm #7

Hi Mark
Wouldn't worry about it. All I got is the paypal receipt and the parts arrived a few days later...

I got my unbuilt scout car out last night to have a check. The drums (?) are different on front and rear wheels - they sit at different lenghts on the axle. You might be ok for one but the other will need to be fudged. The size of the tyres and rims match the kits well though.

Good luck with the build.
Cheers
Owen
I can shave off the molded on hubs! Just need to check sizes! I should be OK! I picked up a ADV sandwich conversion and want to put at least one wheel as plain. If it looks too intensive a conversion, I can go with two plain front wheels as well!

June 16th, 2012, 8:29 am #8

Mark,

I've got a Legend M48A2 that had a shrunken hull. The rest of the parts are ok, so if you want it I can send you the barrel with Y muzzle brake parts.
Legend replaced the whole kit (free) for me and the new hull fits perfect.

John
What hoops did you have to jump through to get the new hull?

June 17th, 2012, 11:58 pm #9

I contacted Legend USA http://www.legendusa.net/

Very helpful and get my replacment pretty fast.

John

June 18th, 2012, 2:35 am #10

n/t