M24

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

M24

August 6th, 2012, 8:17 pm #1

Here is my take on the old Hasegawa kit of the M24. Finally completed after six months in the making...lol. Many hours spend on fixing the kits shortcomings and my firs attempt at doing a winter camo. The tracks are from old ESCI PzIV and the figure is from Calibre72.

All comments are welcome.

August 7th, 2012, 3:03 am #2

M24 Chaffee is now such a popular subject. I like the winter white wash alot. You added a lot of details to this. Congradulations!

August 7th, 2012, 6:01 am #3

Here is my take on the old Hasegawa kit of the M24. Finally completed after six months in the making...lol. Many hours spend on fixing the kits shortcomings and my firs attempt at doing a winter camo. The tracks are from old ESCI PzIV and the figure is from Calibre72.

Very cool.

August 7th, 2012, 6:32 am #4

Another good example that a lot of fun and good work can be done on old kits, especially if they are basicly good.
I hope the finish on this one gave you a lot of satisfaction, it realy looks up to date now and the snow cammou looks great. love the figure too !

alfred

August 7th, 2012, 7:00 am #5

yes, I agree, if the basic shape of the kit is right everything else can be added.

August 7th, 2012, 11:35 am #6

...has pretty good tracks too.