M1A2SEP in Korea

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

M1A2SEP in Korea

December 11th, 2011, 9:08 am #1

Hi,
I refer to the thread M1A2SEP below (unfortunately I was not able to post there). Is this additional plow unit bolted to the standard mine plow a fitting just to plow the center lane, or is it also to plow deeper or dig up smaller mines then with the standard blade? The way of construction reminds me of the blade used with the dozer of M60/M728 in Gulf War I (wasn´t t from Caterpillar?). I was surprised that no one in the threads asked about this-so is it already a wide spread and usual option for the mine plow that only I did not realize? Any more details about that?

Thank you very much (especially to Gino for the high res pictures !)

Andreas

December 11th, 2011, 6:08 pm #2

Howdy Andreas, the Rake in the center of the TWMP(Track Width Mine Plow)is to deflect any surface laid mines. It has been in service for around 10 years.
Outta here, Mike sends . . .

December 11th, 2011, 7:58 pm #3

Hello Mike,
that´s funny...10 years now...I really never have seen a picture of it before nor did I read about it. And I am always very interested in equipment like this. OK I am not an M1 expert-but I always read every comment or thread about M1.

Thank you for your comment! I will keep my eyes open for more pictures of this!

Andreas

December 12th, 2011, 9:42 pm #4

Howdy Andreas, I have never seen one mounted on a tank either, only stacked on pallets.
Outta here, Mike sends . . .