M1A2 SEP Finished

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

M1A2 SEP Finished

March 23rd, 2012, 6:25 am #1

Well, its finished. Except for the set of binoculars that i just noticed i forgot to paint . Again, this is my first model in almost a decade. I was not going to total accuracy, i wanted to work on techniques and just get back into the hobby. I wanted to work on painting and weathering so the weathering may be too much for a SEP but i don't care . I went easy on the stowage. I included some MREs, ammo, a few coolers and some boxes of water. I don't know if it is accurate This really helped me get the hang of my new airbrush and compressor along with using AK Interactive's weathering products, which i really liked. I'm happy with how this turned out and i appreciate all the help you guys have given me along the way. Any and all comments are most welcome. Thanks guys!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

March 23rd, 2012, 9:10 am #2

You did not lose the touch that's for sure! A most excellent work...

Regards
George

P.S Did you use colour modulation?

March 23rd, 2012, 1:14 pm #3

Well, its finished. Except for the set of binoculars that i just noticed i forgot to paint . Again, this is my first model in almost a decade. I was not going to total accuracy, i wanted to work on techniques and just get back into the hobby. I wanted to work on painting and weathering so the weathering may be too much for a SEP but i don't care . I went easy on the stowage. I included some MREs, ammo, a few coolers and some boxes of water. I don't know if it is accurate This really helped me get the hang of my new airbrush and compressor along with using AK Interactive's weathering products, which i really liked. I'm happy with how this turned out and i appreciate all the help you guys have given me along the way. Any and all comments are most welcome. Thanks guys!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Looks really good to me, maybe the weathering is more suited to an M1A1 that has seen a lot of combat, but, I have no doubt M1A2's will get there the longer they serve!!
I do like it, and I think you have done a superb job. Very well done. The stowage looks right to me, as I am guessing you are going for the patrol look, rather than a prolonged off base mission.
I hope to upload pic's of my M1A1 HC soon, you are putting me to shame with your progress!! I am still adding the etch!!
Shane

March 23rd, 2012, 5:43 pm #4

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
For a guy who spent years away from the hobby you haven't lost your touch. I love all the panel work and modulation, sand M1s can be boring, but not this one. Welcome home. Regard's, Dave.

March 24th, 2012, 1:15 am #5

You did not lose the touch that's for sure! A most excellent work...

Regards
George

P.S Did you use colour modulation?
....thanks for the comments. Im pretty happy with how it turned out considering how long its been since i worked on a kit. I did use color modulation. Thie was a real experiment. I also used AK Interactive's weathering products which are real nice to work with.

March 24th, 2012, 1:17 am #6

Looks really good to me, maybe the weathering is more suited to an M1A1 that has seen a lot of combat, but, I have no doubt M1A2's will get there the longer they serve!!
I do like it, and I think you have done a superb job. Very well done. The stowage looks right to me, as I am guessing you are going for the patrol look, rather than a prolonged off base mission.
I hope to upload pic's of my M1A1 HC soon, you are putting me to shame with your progress!! I am still adding the etch!!
Shane
....Thanks for the comments, i appreciate it it. I know its a bit over weathered. I wasnt really trying for accuracy here, i just wanted to get a kit under my belt and work on technique since it's been so long. I figured i could say it was a tank from the future or something

March 24th, 2012, 1:19 am #7

For a guy who spent years away from the hobby you haven't lost your touch. I love all the panel work and modulation, sand M1s can be boring, but not this one. Welcome home. Regard's, Dave.
....thanks for the compliment, i appreciate it . This was a tough kit. I did not like how a lot of M1 models looked because you are right, they were boring. I really wanted to try to add some character to it

March 24th, 2012, 5:33 am #8

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
For a 10 break this is an outstanding job. Nice attention to detail with the fender springs and the end connectors for the fender guillotines. That brought walking track back to mind.

Great job!

Kent

March 24th, 2012, 6:26 pm #9