M1A1 knocking over wall with Saddam murel

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

M1A1 knocking over wall with Saddam murel

Anthony Manzoli
Anthony Manzoli

March 29th, 2003, 2:44 am #1

I was thinking of recreating the scene of USMC M1A1 knocking over the wall with the murel of Saddom Hussein on it. If anyone has scene a photo of this in any periodicles, or possibly has the photo, would you be able to tell me which periodicle or newspaper it was in. If you might be able to scan it and email it to me that would be even better.
TIA
Anthony

David Williamson
David Williamson

March 29th, 2003, 6:22 am #2

I saw it earlier this week. But I'm sure if it hasn't happened yet, it will. Use your imagination and create a "typical" Saddam mural, or build a mural setting that you've seen in the news. Then sic an Abrams on it.

Brian Fendley
Brian Fendley

April 1st, 2003, 6:54 am #3

I have not seen any photos or video of U.S. armor vehicles performing billboard radification. Im sure they have (yes!) but the only video I've seen so far was a British Warrior APC run down one.

Allen White
Allen White

April 7th, 2003, 1:49 am #4

I was thinking of recreating the scene of USMC M1A1 knocking over the wall with the murel of Saddom Hussein on it. If anyone has scene a photo of this in any periodicles, or possibly has the photo, would you be able to tell me which periodicle or newspaper it was in. If you might be able to scan it and email it to me that would be even better.
TIA
Anthony
I think I may have the photo from the internet that you are searching for. Let me know your email and I will forward it to you with the photo description.
awhite@maguiregroup.com

Burl Burlingame
Burl Burlingame

April 16th, 2003, 9:21 pm #5

TIA
Anthony
There's a Saddam mural site specifically for 1/35th modelers at the http://www.pacifichistory.net site ... click on the link marked Saddamarama

Anthony Manzoli
Anthony Manzoli

April 17th, 2003, 6:23 am #6

This is a great link and the photos will come in very handy.
Regards,
Anthony