M-60A3 with M9 Dozer Blade

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

M-60A3 with M9 Dozer Blade

January 22nd, 2012, 5:08 pm #1

Revell kit with some added details. Like all other kits that offer the M9 dozer in the kit they completely forget to add in the hydrolic components for the blade system. Those are the box and tube ont eh left rear fender. Figures are from Preiser and are perfect for the vehicle. It will be finished up in MERDC Winter Verdant camo which is forrest green with dark brown over and the small strips of sand and black in crows feet.

Still some smaller details to add and sort out. What do you all think...

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

January 22nd, 2012, 6:35 pm #2

Excellent job! It really looks the part.

January 22nd, 2012, 9:25 pm #3

Revell kit with some added details. Like all other kits that offer the M9 dozer in the kit they completely forget to add in the hydrolic components for the blade system. Those are the box and tube ont eh left rear fender. Figures are from Preiser and are perfect for the vehicle. It will be finished up in MERDC Winter Verdant camo which is forrest green with dark brown over and the small strips of sand and black in crows feet.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
a very good job, a very nice crew, from which manufacturers comes?
Molto bravo!!

January 22nd, 2012, 9:39 pm #4

Its some figures from one of the Preiser modern US tank crew sets.

January 23rd, 2012, 5:30 am #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Sean,
Excellent Work. I love to see "Work in Progress", where we can see all the little details you have added to make an amazing creation! Sometimes those details get "lost" with a finishing job.
Keep us posted on the finished "dozer tank".
Loren
Loren Pike
IPMS#10921
USA

January 23rd, 2012, 1:00 pm #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Be careful with the decal options as only one of them is actually correct for an M60A3 with a dozer blade.

If you look closely on the decal sheet you see that the vehicle numbers are different shapes.

The first option is for a vehicle that did not carry a dozer blade. Therefore the black numbers are printed on a rectangular field of sand on one single line. Incidentally, this is the vehicle that is pictured on the wikipedia entry for the M60 tank. The picture is taken in Germany during one of the Reforger exercises.

Here is a picture (note stowage such as the rubber boot):

The second option is indeed a dozer tank. The decals are correct. The vehicle number is printed on a square block. The only thing is that the real tank had old style road wheels on some stations.

Here is a picture (note the black jerrycan):

Note how on both tanks the sand colour has been deleted on the vehicles and replaced by black. So it is winter verdant minus the sand. That leaves Forest Green, Field Drab and Black. All are available from Vallejo and LifeColour.

//M

January 23rd, 2012, 3:47 pm #7

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Hello Sean, Well done ! I like the fact that almost all detailling is done scratch, not photoetch. Makes everything look well in proportion. I like the clean finnish too. Hope to see it finnished soon.
Question : was there also a dozer version M 60 with a short gun, if so, what was it called ?

Alfred
Last edited by alfred250251 on January 23rd, 2012, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 23rd, 2012, 4:34 pm #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Simply brilliant! Far better than the way mine turned out! Keep the pics coming, I love this.
The Duke; Mark Deliduka
Virtuoso of Miniatures

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

January 23rd, 2012, 5:06 pm #9

Be careful with the decal options as only one of them is actually correct for an M60A3 with a dozer blade.

If you look closely on the decal sheet you see that the vehicle numbers are different shapes.

The first option is for a vehicle that did not carry a dozer blade. Therefore the black numbers are printed on a rectangular field of sand on one single line. Incidentally, this is the vehicle that is pictured on the wikipedia entry for the M60 tank. The picture is taken in Germany during one of the Reforger exercises.

Here is a picture (note stowage such as the rubber boot):

The second option is indeed a dozer tank. The decals are correct. The vehicle number is printed on a square block. The only thing is that the real tank had old style road wheels on some stations.

Here is a picture (note the black jerrycan):

Note how on both tanks the sand colour has been deleted on the vehicles and replaced by black. So it is winter verdant minus the sand. That leaves Forest Green, Field Drab and Black. All are available from Vallejo and LifeColour.

//M
In my searches for references i had come across those 2 same pictures. So i have written off both vehicles. I rather like the look of the sand in the camo so im going to go with something a tad older. I just have to sort the bumper codes. I go like the look of the orange Octagons on the vehicle though and i have a couple shots of a blade vehicle with them but different numbers. I may put those on it.

January 23rd, 2012, 5:10 pm #10

Hello Sean, Well done ! I like the fact that almost all detailling is done scratch, not photoetch. Makes everything look well in proportion. I like the clean finnish too. Hope to see it finnished soon.
Question : was there also a dozer version M 60 with a short gun, if so, what was it called ?

Alfred
That would be the M728 CEV. Looks like a standard M-60 overall with a heavily modified turret to enable it to mount the crane. I also noticed that the mounts for the blade kit are modified in some way. Id like to make this variant using the same kit i just built but ill have a hell of a time finding another one. I wouldnt mind getting my handa on a M60A2 starship from ESCI though. But that will be even harder to find for me.