M-60A3 with M9 Dozer Blade(revell 1/72)

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

M-60A3 with M9 Dozer Blade(revell 1/72)

January 22nd, 2012, 5:09 pm #1

Revell kit with some added details. Like all other kits that offer the M9 dozer in the kit they completely forget to add in the hydrolic components for the blade system. Those are the box and tube ont eh left rear fender. Figures are from Preiser and are perfect for the vehicle. It will be finished up in MERDC Winter Verdant camo which is forrest green with dark brown over and the small strips of sand and black in crows feet.

Still some smaller details to add and sort out. What do you all think...

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Last edited by SeanEBrannin on January 23rd, 2012, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 22nd, 2012, 8:32 pm #2

I like it. I think you have captured the overall look of the venerable old "blade tank", just as I remember it from my days riding around in one. Looking forward to seeing it painted. Any ideas on unit and scheme yet?

January 22nd, 2012, 9:02 pm #3

Winter verdant. Unit no idea. Im just playing it by ear. Just want something besides NATO 3 color or sand.

January 23rd, 2012, 10:08 pm #4

Revell kit with some added details. Like all other kits that offer the M9 dozer in the kit they completely forget to add in the hydrolic components for the blade system. Those are the box and tube ont eh left rear fender. Figures are from Preiser and are perfect for the vehicle. It will be finished up in MERDC Winter Verdant camo which is forrest green with dark brown over and the small strips of sand and black in crows feet.

Still some smaller details to add and sort out. What do you all think...

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Sean,
Is this a new tool kit? I assumed it was a repop of the ESCI kit but looking at the road wheels and guide horns has me thinking otherwise

Sean McAndrews

January 24th, 2012, 1:48 am #5

At least thats what is inside the hull.