M-36

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

M-36

December 31st, 2011, 3:47 pm #1

Here is my just finished M-36. Academy with some Eduard PE and the Verlinden engine kit. Painted with Floquil Rail Brown (My favorite OD) weathered with Tamiya muddy/dusty mixes. Stars and ID numbers sprayed with Lion Roar stencils. Sorry my photography isn't the best. Comments welcome.

Thanks for looking!

Terry
Raleigh, NC

Last edited by terrybarrett on December 31st, 2011, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 31st, 2011, 9:12 pm #2

...with subtle weathering. I like it. Inspiration to dig mine out of the stash.

I also like the OD shade.

Best regards,

Mike

December 31st, 2011, 9:27 pm #3

Here is my just finished M-36. Academy with some Eduard PE and the Verlinden engine kit. Painted with Floquil Rail Brown (My favorite OD) weathered with Tamiya muddy/dusty mixes. Stars and ID numbers sprayed with Lion Roar stencils. Sorry my photography isn't the best. Comments welcome.

Thanks for looking!

Terry
Raleigh, NC

You nailed it. Well done! Happy New Year, Dave

December 31st, 2011, 10:03 pm #4

Thanks for looking!

Terry
Raleigh, NC

Hi

Highly commendable ! Just don't get the 'brown' tone of the tow rope?

Also, perhaps stick down that vertical bit of rope / wire on the rear Jerrican rack ?

Very envious otherwise ! A lot of excellent work in there...
Love all the straps too.

Cheers
Andrew

December 31st, 2011, 10:31 pm #5

For the kind words everyone! The tow rope looks rustier in person, I think the weathering "browned" it a little, I was thinking about a little steel drybrush to give it some more depth.
Last edited by terrybarrett on December 31st, 2011, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.