Luna L-2 IR spotlight on Shot Kal

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

Luna L-2 IR spotlight on Shot Kal

August 19th, 2011, 10:22 pm #1

Hi guys, (especially Dr. Robert Manasherob),

I have a question and I hope someone can give me a simple answer. Where does the Luna L-2 IR spotlight power cable go into the turret? I have Dr. Robert's book on the Shot Kal and I didn't see one photo that clearly shows where the cable ends . Can anybody tell me where the through hull fitting or electrical junction box is located? I attach here a photo of my build up to date with the Luna projector in place.
[/IMG]

Thanks in advance.
BRgds,
Ed Okun

August 20th, 2011, 2:41 am #2

Maybe this build will help you out....

http://www.idf-in-scale.com/forum/phpBB ... f=4&t=1413

August 20th, 2011, 2:51 am #3

I have a question and I hope someone can give me a simple answer. Where does the Luna L-2 IR spotlight power cable go into the turret? I have Dr. Robert's book on the Shot Kal and I didn't see one photo that clearly shows where the cable ends . Can anybody tell me where the through hull fitting or electrical junction box is located? I attach here a photo of my build up to date with the Luna projector in place.
[/IMG]

Thanks in advance.
BRgds,
Ed Okun
There is a pic on page 31 of Robert's book. A pic of the plug here:http://www.idf-in-scale.com/forum/phpBB ... 5&start=20
Last edited by fbc41 on August 20th, 2011, 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 20th, 2011, 3:33 am #4

[/IMG]

Thanks in advance.
BRgds,
Ed Okun
Howdy Ed, whick turret are you using?
Mike sends . . .

August 20th, 2011, 3:43 am #5

There is a pic on page 31 of Robert's book. A pic of the plug here:http://www.idf-in-scale.com/forum/phpBB ... 5&start=20
Thanks for those links.
The build-up by "Edgardo" on the "IDF-In-Scale" site was very informative and really showed the detail I was looking for. Appreciate you taking the time to help.

Best Regards,
ED

August 20th, 2011, 3:45 am #6

Howdy Ed, whick turret are you using?
Mike sends . . .
Hi Mike,

That would be the "Lionmarc" MK-III. The AFV kit comes with a MK-V turret from what I can see.

ED