LRDG Chevy with 20mm Breda-"Operation Caravan"

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

LRDG Chevy with 20mm Breda-"Operation Caravan"

July 3rd, 2012, 2:37 am #1

This is my latest completed model. It's the Tamiya kit from a couple of years ago with Husser wheels,scratch built rear extra wood top and spare tire carrier. The figures are from New World Miniatures. Thanks for looking and all comments are welcome.

Cheers
Jim Guld

July 3rd, 2012, 7:07 am #2

One of the better LRDG models I've seen, Beatiful work with an almost OOB kit, very impressive

July 3rd, 2012, 8:51 am #3

This is my latest completed model. It's the Tamiya kit from a couple of years ago with Husser wheels,scratch built rear extra wood top and spare tire carrier. The figures are from New World Miniatures. Thanks for looking and all comments are welcome.

Hi
Love the colours and subtle wear 'n tear. The back fig looks a bit odd - is he in place? To me, looks like he's hopping. Can he hold onto something?

Watch the plastic seam on the sand channel at rear. Can you make that look a bit thinner too, or worn?

Cool job all round.

I might be inspired now - never had one but that extra gun gives more interest. I see Resicast are also doing new tyres for this.

Cheers
Andrew

July 3rd, 2012, 6:37 pm #4

Howdy Jim, nice look to the finished product. The side boards turned out great. I think the wheel hubs need a hint of grease/dirt to get that lived in look. Nice restrained weathering and the sign post sets the scene.
Outta here, Mike sends . . .
Last edited by Michael Mummey on July 4th, 2012, 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 3rd, 2012, 10:46 pm #5

Mike,
Thanks for looking and some leaky seals can't hurt. Now time to crack the box on the LAV. Hello 21st century.

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

July 3rd, 2012, 10:50 pm #6

Hi
Love the colours and subtle wear 'n tear. The back fig looks a bit odd - is he in place? To me, looks like he's hopping. Can he hold onto something?

Watch the plastic seam on the sand channel at rear. Can you make that look a bit thinner too, or worn?

Cool job all round.

I might be inspired now - never had one but that extra gun gives more interest. I see Resicast are also doing new tyres for this.

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew,
Thanks for looking. When I built this one it was supposed to be one of those quickie builds basically OOB. I did have one piece of PSP left over from Accurate Armour that I could switch out. Those new Resicast pieces do look nice especially the wheels. That would be my choice of wheels if I were to do it again.

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

July 3rd, 2012, 10:51 pm #7

One of the better LRDG models I've seen, Beatiful work with an almost OOB kit, very impressive
It was a fun project. I built it about a year ago and finally got around to painting it.
Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

July 4th, 2012, 3:44 am #8

Very nice! The only think I might add is alternating red and white on the ends of your sand mats. I believe they doubled as air recognition signals.

July 4th, 2012, 2:00 pm #9

I like how it's sunken into the ground, adds some weight.

Cool scene.

http://armorfarm.blogspot.com/

July 4th, 2012, 2:22 pm #10

Very nice! The only think I might add is alternating red and white on the ends of your sand mats. I believe they doubled as air recognition signals.
Rob,
Thanks for looking. It seems that some of those sand mats did have the red/white panels and some didn't, at least going by pictures on line and in the Osprey book "Long Range Desert Group Patrolman".

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld