Looking for pcs of the TOW Mutt

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

Looking for pcs of the TOW Mutt

August 18th, 2017, 5:55 pm #1

I think I have found every online photo and walkaround of the TOW Mutt, but I cannot find a clear photo of the radios and how the TOW MGS is mounted. I can't tell how accurate the old Tamiya kit is.

Any pics or links would be great!

TIA,
Dave

August 19th, 2017, 6:54 pm #2

Linked in our M151A2 page here:http://www.warwheels.net/M151A2muttINDEX.html
Patrick Keenan
Editor- Warwheels.net

www.warwheels.net

August 20th, 2017, 11:04 am #3

I think I have found every online photo and walkaround of the TOW Mutt, but I cannot find a clear photo of the radios and how the TOW MGS is mounted. I can't tell how accurate the old Tamiya kit is.

TIA,
Dave

August 27th, 2017, 6:36 am #4

TIA,
Dave
I served on the TOW Mutt for 3 years.I'll see if I can find some photos showing the items you are asking about. However, I can still provide some of the information you are asking about.

1. The standard issued radio for the TOW Mutt was the AN/GRC-160.

2. The MGS was mounted with the battery facing towards the front of the Mutt. There were 2 cloth straps on the Left and right side of the MGS.

While I searching to find some photos for you. It's been nearly 40 years since I took them. Here's a link that should help you out.

If you have more questions feel free to ask me here or via email. If you send an email include Tow Jeep and Missing-Lynx in the subject line.

a good basic link is:http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... htm#fig1-2