Looking for modern Commonwealth tank crew

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Looking for modern Commonwealth tank crew

May 16th, 2012, 12:55 am #1

Finishing up an ACE 1/72 FV-101 Scorpion as a vehicle of Queen Alexandra Mounted Rifles, and lloking to try and source driver and commander figures in a dress similar to the below. Is anyone aware of suitable kit crew or aftermarket crew which would fit the bill in 1/72?

Images copyright Anzac Steel (anzacsteel.hobbyvista.com)

Regards,
Craig Sargent
Last edited by CraigSargent on May 16th, 2012, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 16th, 2012, 3:32 am #2

Wee Friends has a set of tankers for the Warrior/Challenger (Repackaged CMSC):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-72nd-British- ... 309wt_1185

Hope that helps!

May 16th, 2012, 3:55 am #3

it appears that item is no longer available if I try a Buy Now. Any idea where else might have them? I tried Frindship Models website and they didn't have them listed. Wonder if they are OOP.

Appreciate the quick response - they look like thay re just the ticket.

Regards,
Craig Sargent.

May 16th, 2012, 4:08 am #4

Looks like Hanants have come through with your kit.
Don't forget to anneal the tracks before you fit/bended them.
I have not started my Scorpion, so have not looked into figures yet
But it looks like model miniature might have something?
http://model-miniature.com/
see catalogue no. MM-R047
called 'Figures & material for M-50'
I might be off as I know zilch about post WWII stuff!

Cheers Elliott

May 16th, 2012, 6:43 am #5

it appears that item is no longer available if I try a Buy Now. Any idea where else might have them? I tried Frindship Models website and they didn't have them listed. Wonder if they are OOP.

Appreciate the quick response - they look like thay re just the ticket.

Regards,
Craig Sargent.
but it seems that the seller is away and suspended purchases for the time being. The message said that he would reopen two days ago, so I'd keep an eye out!

May 16th, 2012, 7:06 am #6

Finishing up an ACE 1/72 FV-101 Scorpion as a vehicle of Queen Alexandra Mounted Rifles, and lloking to try and source driver and commander figures in a dress similar to the below. Is anyone aware of suitable kit crew or aftermarket crew which would fit the bill in 1/72?

Images copyright Anzac Steel (anzacsteel.hobbyvista.com)

Regards,
Craig Sargent
Hello Craig.

The figures are still in production we had a computer crash which lost all the info for ebay listings. We are currently redoing our website and ebay listings with better photos etc.

We are also just back from the excellent IMSS Show in Dublin. So things are a bit slower than usual, if you have any queries or requests just drop me an email. I will try and get the figures re listed today.

Cheers

Ian

May 16th, 2012, 7:51 am #7

Sorry to hear of your computer problems - hope you get sorted soon. Ready to order a set of Brit AFV figures when you are back in operation.

Regards,
Craig.

May 16th, 2012, 8:11 am #8

Hi Craig.

I have two sets of modern British crew sets, one WFM753 is designed for 1/76th scale vehicles like Airfix Chieftain and Scorpion etc, the other set WFM7254 is designed to be used with 1/72nd scale kits Like the Revell Warrior or Trumpeter Challenger II.

WFM7653 British AFV Crew (2 each Cmdr, Gunner, Driver) 4 choices of head gear Metal Six £2.50
WFM7254 British AFV Crew, Warrior, Challenger, (Revell) six half figures Metal Six £4.00

If you want to you can send me your email address and i can send you a paypal invoice.

If anyone one requires my latest small scale lists drop me an email and we will send you an email copy.

cheers

Ian

May 16th, 2012, 8:18 am #9

vmfa451 at xtra.co.nz

Definitely 1/72 set WFM7254, not 1/76. Thanks. Include shipping to New Zealand.

Regards,
Craig.

May 17th, 2012, 11:41 am #10

Hi Craig.

I have two sets of modern British crew sets, one WFM753 is designed for 1/76th scale vehicles like Airfix Chieftain and Scorpion etc, the other set WFM7254 is designed to be used with 1/72nd scale kits Like the Revell Warrior or Trumpeter Challenger II.

WFM7653 British AFV Crew (2 each Cmdr, Gunner, Driver) 4 choices of head gear Metal Six £2.50
WFM7254 British AFV Crew, Warrior, Challenger, (Revell) six half figures Metal Six £4.00

If you want to you can send me your email address and i can send you a paypal invoice.

If anyone one requires my latest small scale lists drop me an email and we will send you an email copy.

cheers

Ian
Sorry to hijack the thread, but are you going to continue to sell your sherman turrets? I have'nt seen them on e-bay for a while.