Looking for Information on Type 98 Half-track Prime mover (large model)

Hosted by Yasu Mori, the Japanese Modelling discussion group covers questions to Japanese modellers, discussion of Japanese-themed modelling and the opportunity for Japanese modellers to discuss any aspects of AFV modelling in Japanese.

Looking for Information on Type 98 Half-track Prime mover (large model)

December 27th, 2009, 5:30 pm #1

I was wondering if anyone might have any scale drawings of the Japanese WW.II Type 98 Prime-mover Half-track (large model), as I would like to do a conversion using the track system from the Type 95 light tank (Fine Molds) snd the front end of the Pit Road Type 94 6 - Wheeled truck. Does this seem possible using these two kits ? I would hope that some of the major armour manufactures might start doing a few soft skin kits for the modeler as 2010 will be here soon. I look forward to any help that the forum will be able to provide on this project.
Bob Hanes

January 1st, 2010, 7:07 am #2

Dear Bob,

Because of the system error of your mail server, I post my reply to your mail here.

> I was wondering if you might have any drawings or other photos of the Type 98 Half-track Prime Mover (Large Model).

I don't know any drawing. The photos of Type 98 Large are few. Also see below photo in my site.

> From the one picture that you have posted I was wondering if I could use the track system from the Type 95 light tank (Fine Molds kit) and the front end of the Pit Road Type 94 6-wheeled Truck to start a conversion into the Type 98 Prime Mover (large model)?

Its track suspension is different from that of Type 95. It is similar to that of Type 98 Light Tank Ke-Ni.

> Was this prime mover used during any of the Pacific campaign or mainly in China ?

It was used only by AA units in Japan homeland.

Taki
Last edited by Takizawa on January 1st, 2010, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.