looking for good online retailer

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

looking for good online retailer

May 3rd, 2012, 7:36 am #1

Hello

I have been a happy customer of Hobbyterra for some years, due to their extensive range of 1/72 scale stuff from eastern european manufacturers, and and I also like that they don't price their stock in euros.

I seem to have forgotten the password to my account at Hobbyterra and the 'Resend Password' function is broken, so I have been unable to order from them. I have advised them of this problem.

Can anyone recommend another other online retailers that sells 1/72 eastern european stuff specifically the brands of Orion, UMmt, UM, ACE, Military Wheels, Zebrano, & IBG.

I very much prefer retailers that accept US dollars not euros due to exchange rate issues with my own currency

I have no interest in retailers that sell Revell, Dragon, Trumpeter, etc so no recommendations for those required, thanks.

Kind Regards
Neil
Last edited by neilyall on May 3rd, 2012, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Lyall

May 3rd, 2012, 8:36 am #2

Hi Neil,

I'm in Oz and have not met a better, friendlier and/or trusted operator that Ivan Kolenko at Models Ua.
He has most if not all of the brands u are after.

I've dealt with Ivan for a few years now and very happy.

No affiliation just a happy punter.

HTH Neil

May 3rd, 2012, 8:58 am #3

Hello

I have been a happy customer of Hobbyterra for some years, due to their extensive range of 1/72 scale stuff from eastern european manufacturers, and and I also like that they don't price their stock in euros.

I seem to have forgotten the password to my account at Hobbyterra and the 'Resend Password' function is broken, so I have been unable to order from them. I have advised them of this problem.

Can anyone recommend another other online retailers that sells 1/72 eastern european stuff specifically the brands of Orion, UMmt, UM, ACE, Military Wheels, Zebrano, & IBG.

I very much prefer retailers that accept US dollars not euros due to exchange rate issues with my own currency

I have no interest in retailers that sell Revell, Dragon, Trumpeter, etc so no recommendations for those required, thanks.

Kind Regards
Neil
Hi Neil,

I use Milan at Track & Troops for future project stuff as he has the biggest range
but does not carry a lot of stock so some products can have a long wait.
(I suspect a Modeltrans Sherman hull held my last order up.)

Jadar is really good too, fast and has books as well every thing seems to be in stock

My last order was from ModelsUA I used them for the first time & they were very good too
(got the ACE Vickers & some spare tracks for it to use with a IBG Bren! & Pz II tracks for a Italeri Wespe.

Cheers Elliott.

May 3rd, 2012, 10:04 am #4

Hello

Kind Regards
Neil
I use both Jadar that Martola.pl Hobbies (also a lot of material on airplanes). der also sockelshop.de is good, and of course Milan & troop trac

May 3rd, 2012, 1:29 pm #5

Hello

Kind Regards
Neil
They carry most of what you want though with limited range. I use them all the time.

May 3rd, 2012, 2:59 pm #6

Hello

Kind Regards
Neil
Hi Neil,

try theese: Valka.cz ; hobby.dn.ua ; tankmodels.pl ; super-hobby.de ; jadarhobby.pl and tracks-n-troops.eu

Your work on the tatra 111 lead me to this page wich enjoy very much. maybe someday i post my Mac, Amc, Profiline steyr 1500.

All the best

Rudolf

May 3rd, 2012, 11:30 pm #7

Hi Neil,

I'm in Oz and have not met a better, friendlier and/or trusted operator that Ivan Kolenko at Models Ua.
He has most if not all of the brands u are after.

I've dealt with Ivan for a few years now and very happy.

No affiliation just a happy punter.

HTH Neil
Excellent service, prices. Been buying kits form Ivan for years.

May 4th, 2012, 7:22 am #8

Hi Neil,

try theese: Valka.cz ; hobby.dn.ua ; tankmodels.pl ; super-hobby.de ; jadarhobby.pl and tracks-n-troops.eu

Your work on the tatra 111 lead me to this page wich enjoy very much. maybe someday i post my Mac, Amc, Profiline steyr 1500.

All the best

Rudolf
Hi Rudolf

thanks for the leads, I will look at them

the Tatra 111 was a couple of years ago at least, please post those pics, I'm a big fan of wheeled vehicles, as are many others who are regulars here

cheers
Neil
Neil Lyall

May 4th, 2012, 7:27 am #9

Hello

Kind Regards
Neil
Hello

Marcus, David, Elliott, Gianni, Wil, & Rudolf

thanks to you all for responding with suggestions, I will check all these out, its a big help to get tips from other braillers, as not all online stores stock much 1/72 scale, which is all I build in.

I haven't given up on Hobbyterra, will certainly use them again, when they fix my password problems, I just wanted to get an order in so that some stuff would be in my hands before I have a short holiday later in June, when I will have a bit more spare time for messing about with builds.

cheers
Neil
Last edited by neilyall on May 4th, 2012, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Lyall

May 4th, 2012, 11:25 am #10

Hi Rudolf

thanks for the leads, I will look at them

the Tatra 111 was a couple of years ago at least, please post those pics, I'm a big fan of wheeled vehicles, as are many others who are regulars here

cheers
Neil
just for inspiration
http://www.smallscaleafv.com/kvh/t111offroad/index.htm
http://www.smallscaleafv.com/kvh/T111/index.htm

Milan
<a href="http://www.tracks-n-troops.eu/shop/" rel="nofollow">
</a>
<a href="http://www.smallscaleafv.com" rel="nofollow">
</a>