Located the Indiana jones tank!

Hosted by Francois Gousse this discussion group is dedicated to AFV's of the First World War from all countries as well as tank development during the 1920s and 1930s.

Located the Indiana jones tank!

Robert Langham
Robert Langham

March 18th, 2004, 10:34 pm #1

Its at somewhere called echo lake, its got an indiana jones section and the tank is near there. I think its some sort of theme park, heres the URL i found it on anyway.

198.65.141.39/mgm/echo/index.shtml

Hans Haase
Hans Haase

March 18th, 2004, 11:10 pm #2

I should have guessed, it's in one of the MGM studios theme parks which is owned by Disney. Probably the one in Florida since they have an Indiana Jones stunt show at that park...fun show to watch.

I think one of us needs to do a bit of a recon expedition.

-Hans

March 19th, 2004, 1:39 am #3

Its at somewhere called echo lake, its got an indiana jones section and the tank is near there. I think its some sort of theme park, heres the URL i found it on anyway.

Poor thing.

-Vil.

Christopher Coxon
Christopher Coxon

March 19th, 2004, 1:50 am #4

Hello all, yes the indy tank is at Disney World Florida. Can someone please go mad with a digital camera? It is a little difficult for me as I live in Australia! However, I do live in Brisbane and therefore have access to 'Mephisto' How about a photo trade of some sort? Thanks fellas, Chris

March 19th, 2004, 5:38 pm #5

You can't get near it to photograph. It's located along the path of a tram ride through the "backlot" area and there is no pedestrian access. It can be seen for about a couple of minutes as your tram rolls past it, but you only see about 1/3 of it as its blocked by other props & crap. The previous full length shot of it before it was installed at the MGM park is probably the best we'll see of it unless someone can convinice the park officials to let them have pedestrian access and that's pretty unlikely, unless that person has a friend on the inside.

Paul

March 20th, 2004, 7:52 am #6

If this image appears...here is what it looked like in Spring of 1996.
Maybe it will help someone doing a model.
I don't know it's current status.

Mikehttp://www.network54.com/Realm/monroeimages/indytank.jpg

Michael Bishop
www.monroeperdu.com

March 20th, 2004, 7:54 am #7

The photo didn't appear. e-mail me and I'll send it to you. I can't figure out the network 54 deal.
Mike

Michael Bishop
www.monroeperdu.com

John Harris
John Harris

March 20th, 2004, 2:37 pm #8

On a related topic, it the 'tank' (in the story created in 1899) featured in the film located somewhere?

Judging from the sequence, where it breaks into the Bank of England, the tracks appear to be Centurion 'Hush Puppy' items.

Any further details would be helpful please?

Thanks in advance.

JH

John Harris
John Harris

March 20th, 2004, 2:38 pm #9

n/t

March 23rd, 2004, 3:31 am #10

The photo didn't appear. e-mail me and I'll send it to you. I can't figure out the network 54 deal.
Mike

Michael Bishop
www.monroeperdu.com
Thanks Stefan!

Mike

Michael Bishop
www.monroeperdu.com