Link to track and running gear weathering article.

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

Link to track and running gear weathering article.

November 5th, 2006, 11:24 am #1

The link below will take you to an article that I recently wrote. It has been posted on Armorama. This article was written in response to a number of questions posted on the Tips and Tricks forum regarding the techniques I use to paint the tracks and running gear on armor models.

This article was originally written for Missing Lynx. It is a bit long witch is probably the reason Brett Green did not get a chance to post it here. Personally I do not know how he finds the time to accomplish everything that he does for the hobby.

Anyway, I hope that you all find it enjoyable.

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op= ... artid=1221

Thank you
ANPW

November 5th, 2006, 9:22 pm #2

I been looking forward to reading your article for a while now and im glad its been posted for all to see, looks very interesting

Andy

November 6th, 2006, 1:31 pm #3

Thanks Andy
I really had a fun time writing it. I hope you find it useful.

Talk to you shortly
ANPW

November 6th, 2006, 4:11 pm #4

The link below will take you to an article that I recently wrote. It has been posted on Armorama. This article was written in response to a number of questions posted on the Tips and Tricks forum regarding the techniques I use to paint the tracks and running gear on armor models.

This article was originally written for Missing Lynx. It is a bit long witch is probably the reason Brett Green did not get a chance to post it here. Personally I do not know how he finds the time to accomplish everything that he does for the hobby.

Thank you
ANPW
Adam,

I've read the article with great interest. It was certainly worth waiting for.

Thanks

Andy

November 7th, 2006, 7:55 pm #5

No problem Andy
Thank you for encouraging me to write it. It was a lot of fun. Keep in touch

Sincerely
ANPW

November 8th, 2006, 6:49 am #6

Thank you
ANPW
for this thoroughly useful and inspiring article.

I think I might be able to tackle some realistic mud now!

Best Regards,

Adam

November 8th, 2006, 6:13 pm #7

I hope to see some of your work soon. Please keep me posted and thanks man.

ANPW

November 17th, 2006, 9:13 am #8

Hi Adam

thanks for posting your article. It is just the input I need now after the Blacken-it way failed miserably on my Churchill tracks lately.
Was never fond of Blacken-it as a chemical any way. Just spraying the friuls in earth / dust color is a great idea.

Cheers

Stefan