Leopard 2A4Hel

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Leopard 2A4Hel

March 8th, 2012, 12:53 pm #1

My latest Leopard, Leopards on the side is A theme for me,this one started as exercise in paint I swapped the tan in the camo for yellow that is also used on vehicles in the Greek army, so its not far of reality. The kit is from Hobby Boss with bits from Perfect Scale,Bronco, Eduard and RB models.

This is the real thing mucking about.

Unpainted picture.

Here`s a picture of the brighter yellow
Last edited by c2jerrett on September 14th, 2012, 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 8th, 2012, 1:07 pm #2

https://www.facebook.com/rvscale/
https://roman-the-modelmaker.blogspot.no/

March 8th, 2012, 1:17 pm #3

My latest Leopard, Leopards on the side is A theme for me,this one started as exercise in paint I swapped the tan in the camo for yellow that is also used on vehicles in the Greek army, so its not far of reality. The kit is from Hobby Boss with bits from Perfect Scale,Bronco, Eduard and RB models.

Unpainted picture.

Hi Chris

Another brilliant bit of modern armour weathering from you, along with it being a great build too. The scratches and worn off paint are so well done!

Best regards

Alex

March 8th, 2012, 1:20 pm #4

Unpainted picture.

Fantasitc.

Rick

<a href="http://migproductions-usa.com/" rel="nofollow">

</a>

<a href="http://ricklawler.plastic-garden.com/" rel="nofollow">

</a>

March 8th, 2012, 1:46 pm #5

Unpainted picture.

Wow, that's some serious weathering Chris.

March 8th, 2012, 2:11 pm #6

Unpainted picture.

we don't see enough leo's! Wonderful

March 8th, 2012, 2:22 pm #7

Unpainted picture.

That is some amazing mud work... the muck and crud you've replicated is perfect. Not to mention a great job on the basic camo colors.

Kenneth

March 8th, 2012, 2:45 pm #8

Unpainted picture.

Nice to see a good Leo 2A4Hel here in ML!!!

Regards from Greece
George

March 8th, 2012, 3:44 pm #9

Unpainted picture.

Great work Chris,

Very nice work on the cam pattern and superb job on the weathering. The build up of mud on the suspension looks great.

What are you using for the water streaks?

March 8th, 2012, 4:53 pm #10

Thanks Jason,the water and wet spots are made using AK Interactive wet effects I also use Tamiya clear colors. To make this effective you need to layer. Also when you apply it over dust it gives better contrast.