legue of extraordinary gentlemen WW1 style tank

Hosted by Francois Gousse this discussion group is dedicated to AFV's of the First World War from all countries as well as tank development during the 1920s and 1930s.

legue of extraordinary gentlemen WW1 style tank

Tim Rigsby WW1NUT
Tim Rigsby WW1NUT

March 18th, 2004, 2:32 am #1

Gentlemen
Hello, I know this tank is ficticious but its really cool,and it is designed around a MKIV.
Does anyone have any drawings pictures ect., of this vehicle.
Thanks Tim Rigsby WW1NUT

TIM RIGSBY WW1NUT
TIM RIGSBY WW1NUT

March 19th, 2004, 10:14 pm #2

If anyone is interested in this WW1 style vehicle you can see and get copys of the drawings from the following www.propstore.co.uk.
Tim

March 20th, 2004, 5:09 am #3

As unamazing as the design is, its certainly worthy of someone doing a custom job. I think if someone gave it a good paint job, it could look quite cool.

What would win?
Indi'Tank?
LXG Tank?

Hmmm... I betcha it would be a very close fight. Although, the Indi'Tank is based off of the Mk.XIII, while the LXG Tank is based on the Mk.IV, so I betcha the Indi'Tank would win.

-Vil.

John Harris
John Harris

March 20th, 2004, 2:41 pm #4

Gentlemen
Hello, I know this tank is ficticious but its really cool,and it is designed around a MKIV.
Does anyone have any drawings pictures ect., of this vehicle.
Thanks Tim Rigsby WW1NUT
Judging from the opening sequence, where it breaks into the Bank of England, the tracks appear to be Centurion 'Hush Puppy' items. I think the rear end looks like the whole thing is Centurion based, therefore it's quite a bit bigger than a "Mark V".

It also has a very large gun that pops out and blasts the vault!

Cheers

John

John Harris
John Harris

March 20th, 2004, 2:48 pm #5

That the drawings are what they started from, they don't appear to match the resulting tank exactly. Is this tank 'preserved' somewhere? Disneyland perhaps?

JH