Legend IDF PUMA ready for paint

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Legend IDF PUMA ready for paint

April 17th, 2012, 12:23 am #1

1,200 parts and about 300 hours later it's ready for some paint! Hands down the most difficult model I have ever attempted!

I have started painting the running gear, as they will be hard to reach with the skirts attached.

Thanks for looking!

Ryan
Last edited by the3rdplacer on April 17th, 2012, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 17th, 2012, 1:47 am #2

Well worth all your effort Ryan. Great work all the way around. Excellent photos too!

April 17th, 2012, 3:30 am #3

1,200 parts and about 300 hours later it's ready for some paint! Hands down the most difficult model I have ever attempted!

I have started painting the running gear, as they will be hard to reach with the skirts attached.

Thanks for looking!

Ryan
Dear Ryan

Let me tell you again, it looks great, I see that there is reward in my hard work, and of course of Legends and your even hardest work.
Robert

Dr.Robert Manasherob
www.sabingamartin.com

April 17th, 2012, 4:22 am #4

Thanks for looking!

Ryan
looks good! is it Legends kit?
http://juy-modelling.blogspot.com

April 17th, 2012, 5:38 am #5

Well worth all your effort Ryan. Great work all the way around. Excellent photos too!
Thanks Jason after a year, I'm glad it's almost over!

Ryan

April 17th, 2012, 5:52 am #6

Dear Ryan

Let me tell you again, it looks great, I see that there is reward in my hard work, and of course of Legends and your even hardest work.
Robert

Dr.Robert Manasherob
www.sabingamartin.com
Yes thank you Robert, I had the first Puma book to go by early on in the build....luckily a friend of mine had a copy I could borrow. The second book I bought as soon as it came out and cleared up more questions I had as well as placement of certain fittings.

The kit itself is over 10 years old and research available on the Puma was hard to find I'd imagine. It would be tough to build a somewhat accurate model of it without your books!

Ryan

April 17th, 2012, 6:01 am #7

looks good! is it Legends kit?
Thanks, it is actually several kits and sets....

Legend Puma
Legend Centurion Road Wheels (don't even use the kits wheels, way undersized)
Legend FN Mag set
Legend IDF stowage set
Legend Mine Roller Adapter
AFV Club tracks
AFV Club NATO Centurion
And of course my own scratch built items!

Ryan

April 17th, 2012, 6:05 am #8

Thanks for looking!

Ryan
Looks lovely. Well done.

April 17th, 2012, 11:43 am #9

Thanks for looking!

Ryan
Great work to get it this far Ryan! I can't wait to see it finished.

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/

April 17th, 2012, 12:47 pm #10

Thanks for looking!

Ryan
...that you have made it this far, Ryan.

Cheers,
Anders