Latest diorama in progress...

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Latest diorama in progress...

January 17th, 2012, 6:33 pm #1

here's a couple of shots of my latest in progress pics of a Berlin diorama that I'm working on. The figs are a mix of Tamiya, Dragon, Dougs Original and Warriors. All all have Hornet heads and some other mods. I have about 4 more figs to go on the IS-2m and there will be some German troops hiding behind a VW ambushing the Russian troops with a panzerfaust and an assault rifle. The Russian troops are surprised and really caught in the middle some realizing what is happening and some others not being able to react yet. Hopefully I should have it ready by the early part of February. Thanks for looking.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

January 17th, 2012, 6:54 pm #2

Love your painting style...well done

Luke Pitt

January 17th, 2012, 8:03 pm #3

here's a couple of shots of my latest in progress pics of a Berlin diorama that I'm working on. The figs are a mix of Tamiya, Dragon, Dougs Original and Warriors. All all have Hornet heads and some other mods. I have about 4 more figs to go on the IS-2m and there will be some German troops hiding behind a VW ambushing the Russian troops with a panzerfaust and an assault rifle. The Russian troops are surprised and really caught in the middle some realizing what is happening and some others not being able to react yet. Hopefully I should have it ready by the early part of February. Thanks for looking.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

- John

January 17th, 2012, 8:36 pm #4

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
the figures look fantastic...

January 18th, 2012, 1:23 am #5

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Dan,
The figs look great and it looks like your a Mutt's fan too. We both turn 50 this year.

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

January 18th, 2012, 2:07 am #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Great work! The figures look awesome as does the IS-2. Can't wait to see it completed.

January 18th, 2012, 2:40 am #7

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Nice work Dan! You have made some great color selection for the Soviet troops. I really like the look of the group. If I could offer anything, you might reconsider the heads on the MiG Productions tank crew. I am of the opinion that these figures are really let down by their haircuts, or lack there of. The commander's face is fabulously painted so it would be a tough change I'm sure.
Last edited by baskette on January 18th, 2012, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 18th, 2012, 2:53 am #8

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Very nice figures.

January 18th, 2012, 5:02 am #9

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
DAN ,

Great job ... as always !! Looks Awesome. I can't wait to see it in it's entirety !!

WHAT DO YOU CALL THE ASSASSINS THAT ACCUSE THE ASSASSIN???

January 18th, 2012, 2:06 pm #10

Nice work Dan! You have made some great color selection for the Soviet troops. I really like the look of the group. If I could offer anything, you might reconsider the heads on the MiG Productions tank crew. I am of the opinion that these figures are really let down by their haircuts, or lack there of. The commander's face is fabulously painted so it would be a tough change I'm sure.
I like the commanders head but I must admit I'm still on the fence regarding the gunner as I really wanted a little more animation to his face. I'll make a final decision fairly soon. Thanks!