Land Rover 'Wolf' trailers

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

Land Rover 'Wolf' trailers

July 28th, 2012, 9:29 pm #1

Looking for information on the most common trailers likely to be seen behind an XD 'Wolf' (circa 2005-2010).

I'm debating whether to scratchbuild one for the Hardtop Landy I'm planning and need to find some reasonable plans and/or dimensions plus some decent photos.

I'm not a Landy expert so I'm not sure whether the trailers used are the same as the older types or whether they have been modified or changed in any way specific to make them compatible with the XD.

Any assistance would be much appreciated

Regards,
John

July 28th, 2012, 10:29 pm #2

Hello John,

Please check your email, I just sent you some pics.

I took your advice about the Land Rover roof and reduced it.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/t ... DDED%2A%2A

Anto
Last edited by anto992 on July 29th, 2012, 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 29th, 2012, 11:06 am #3

Looking for information on the most common trailers likely to be seen behind an XD 'Wolf' (circa 2005-2010).

I'm debating whether to scratchbuild one for the Hardtop Landy I'm planning and need to find some reasonable plans and/or dimensions plus some decent photos.

I'm not a Landy expert so I'm not sure whether the trailers used are the same as the older types or whether they have been modified or changed in any way specific to make them compatible with the XD.

Any assistance would be much appreciated

Regards,
John
There was a new trailer produced to go with the Wolf that had a wider whell track on it,i dont think the old trailer was suitable for the Wolf.
Here are a couple of pics of the new trailer being pulled by Wolfs.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Hope you find the pics helpfull and good luck on the Defender 110 build which im looking forward to seeing.
Another source of helpfull Land Rover is the Plain Military forum loads of pics of aall vehilces British Army and were a good group of blokes who will try to help folks out with info.

http://plain-military.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Regards Neil