KV-II Dio WIP

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

KV-II Dio WIP

April 26th, 2010, 1:51 am #1

I know, I know, it's been a long time, but I have finally made some headway on this. The front area will be marsh.

Comments, suggestions welcomed.

- John

April 26th, 2010, 7:20 am #2

Hi John
Really nice work. Very subtle and convincing weathering. I always feel sorry for the poor KV-2, it's always modelled in sorry scenarios like this!!!
David

April 26th, 2010, 8:34 am #3

I know, I know, it's been a long time, but I have finally made some headway on this. The front area will be marsh.

- John
hi John

very good Kv
color maybe a bit unclear, at least in the pictures but even so attractive and with good treatment and impacts on the turret .. uhmmm .. impressive

congratulations on the whole.

Xavier

April 26th, 2010, 2:53 pm #4

Hi John
Really nice work. Very subtle and convincing weathering. I always feel sorry for the poor KV-2, it's always modelled in sorry scenarios like this!!!
David
Thanks David. Yes it does seem the KV-II get a bad rap, but this IS their natural environment!

April 26th, 2010, 2:54 pm #5

hi John

very good Kv
color maybe a bit unclear, at least in the pictures but even so attractive and with good treatment and impacts on the turret .. uhmmm .. impressive

congratulations on the whole.

Xavier
What do you mean by unclear?

April 26th, 2010, 4:03 pm #6

- John
John,

Good work on the scene layout. At this point I do not know what would fit better, a couple of russian tankers bailing out or a couple of german inspectors taking a look the disabled beast (ala Manel Arin style). The decission is yours.

Keep us posted amigo.
Lu

April 26th, 2010, 7:59 pm #7

- John
or semi gloss, I'd also play around with a few shades of brown (looks to momo-tone) and lastly may be a stream infront?.....figgys are a must for this also

Luke Pitt

April 26th, 2010, 10:21 pm #8

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the suggestions! I just completed the first pour of Envirotex for the marsh, stinky stuff, smells like cat urine. I agree the mud needs to be damper, and I think I need bigger piles at the rear of the tracks. As to figs as Lu said, Germans or Russians - not sure yet!

- John

April 27th, 2010, 1:28 am #9

- John
...by the jigsaw cutting on your base edges!!!!! Just kiddin' with ya!

Fun idea, John. My only suggestions would fall along the same lines as what Luke has already mentioned...just needs some moisture.

Rock on.

Rick

http://migproductions-usa.com/

http://ricklawler.plastic-garden.com/

April 27th, 2010, 7:24 pm #10

- John
I really like that green color for russian armor. Any secret mix?