Konica Minolta Dimage Z2

This discussion group is is hosted by Robert Oehler and dedicated to the art of photographing models. Subjects include tips & techniques, equipment, lighting, and digital photography.

Konica Minolta Dimage Z2

July 25th, 2006, 2:28 am #1

Has anyone used this digital camera for models and what is your opinion?I have one and am trying to learn how to use it to it's full capacity.Input greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim

July 25th, 2006, 6:36 am #2

The Z2 has all the features I would look for in a great model camera. The best way to wring the best out of a camera is ot take a million photos. Since this is digital, you can take a million photos, check them out and see if you got the image you want without spending a penny on prints.

I strongly suggest setting up a single shot and vary the settings of the camera too see what each change does to the image. Take 6 photos while changing the Apreture. Take another 6 while changing the EV values. Take another 6 palying with the white balance. See the photo below for an example of White Balance does to an image

If you wish, I can send you a CD of camera articles I wrote about five years ago about models and digital cameras. The articles are a little dated since 2MP cameras were top of the line back then and photos styles changed a little too. But the basic physics have not changed.

I can send you the ten articles by e-mail (PDF)or snail mail you a CD free of charge, anywhere in the world.

Aloha,
Val

August 25th, 2006, 10:48 pm #3

Has anyone used this digital camera for models and what is your opinion?I have one and am trying to learn how to use it to it's full capacity.Input greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim
Some tips: Set White balance to custom set
Turn off Digital Zoom
Buy a tripod
Practice and enjoy!

Last edited by mickcapell on August 25th, 2006, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.