King Tiger on mud track by Hyeung-Tae

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

King Tiger on mud track by Hyeung-Tae

Yeo WK
Yeo WK

January 29th, 2003, 6:08 am #1

Hi Hyeung-tae, if you see this thread, please do give me some pointers. I think you have done a very nice Dio for the King Tiger. a) How did you do the mud (plaster?) and the color you used. b) I noticed that your trees had some very fine foliage on it, is that done by sticking spices onto the leaves? Pls advise. Thks

Noh Yeong, Park
Noh Yeong, Park

February 1st, 2003, 6:26 am #2

Hi, there
I'm not Hyeung tae, Kim. But I know him because his military model club is connected very closely to me. A few years ago, I discussed with him on this diorama at the annual exhibition. Yes, he used plaster for the wet mud. He made treads before "the mud" dried. And as long as I know, he used very dark brown color (almost close to black!). And I heard that he used dry flowers for the trees. He and I belong to different military model club each other in Seoul.

Hope this helps,

yeo
yeo

February 2nd, 2003, 4:21 am #3

Greetings! Thks for the tip Noh Yeong...dried flowers for trees...is it the kind of ferns that are used for weddings? (as featured in digital dios).

Happy Lunar New Year too!!