Kengi T17E1 Staghound, WIP......

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Kengi T17E1 Staghound, WIP......

September 5th, 2008, 9:35 pm #1

Hi All;

After much on-again, off again painting, here is my Kengi Stag, as it sits now, on my bench. This is very much still a WIP< as I am in the middle of painting all the stowage bits, and a crew commander figure for it.
With some adjustments to the Gaso.Line decal sheet for the kit, I cobbled together markings for the Royal Canadian Dragoons, Holland, April 1945.

All feedback is greatly welcomed, Lads.

Thanks in advance for looking....

Cheers, and have a great week-end, Pat

September 5th, 2008, 10:11 pm #2

neat paint job pat weathering is nice a balance between needing to show dirt and still letting all your detail work not be hidden good clear pitures as well

September 5th, 2008, 10:13 pm #3

Hi All;

After much on-again, off again painting, here is my Kengi Stag, as it sits now, on my bench. This is very much still a WIP< as I am in the middle of painting all the stowage bits, and a crew commander figure for it.
With some adjustments to the Gaso.Line decal sheet for the kit, I cobbled together markings for the Royal Canadian Dragoons, Holland, April 1945.

Hi Pat;

Sorry... but the left rear muffler should be positioned more to the right.
The pair of rear pipes do NOT centre on the rear, but are off to the right side.

GB

September 6th, 2008, 4:42 am #4

Hi All;

I love it! You did a fantastic job on the painting and weathering and I'm jealous.

September 6th, 2008, 4:43 am #5

I just realized this is 1/48! I love it even more. Who makes the kit?

September 6th, 2008, 5:41 am #6

Hi All;

Pat, you have done it again. Wish I can do my models as good as yours. The Staghound is a beauty.

The Duke
------------------
Talk Less, Build More

September 6th, 2008, 1:45 pm #7

Hey Pat - That's still wonderful and may well be your best model yet. Can't wait to see it finished and on my desk...

Spence

BTW - Thanks for the comments on the T-34. Much appreciated..!

September 6th, 2008, 1:50 pm #8

Hi All;

Awesome as usual ! Great weathering so far. I agree with Spence, maybe your best so far !!!

Cheers
Sven

September 6th, 2008, 9:53 pm #9

Hi All;

... must be happy with this one.

Pat,

Excellent job. I really like it a lot and will look great once completed.

The only suggestion by my side is to add some more dust/earth to tires. I think more weathered (off road) wheels would fit better on the finish of this babe.

Lu

September 6th, 2008, 10:56 pm #10

Hi All;

Hello Pat,

What can i say more????
What a great Staghound that you've done my friend !!!

Your paintjob and your weathering are great!
I think that it's your best model that you've done by nowadays too!

I will suggest just one little thing like Lu do that,to add a little bit of dust or dry mud on the roadwheels !

But you're STag is a very very very very beautiful model!
Thanks for posting Pat!

Cheers,
David