Ka-Mi and type 94 Tankette

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

Ka-Mi and type 94 Tankette

May 14th, 2012, 11:48 pm #1

i am build models of the Ka-Mi and Type 94 tankette and have some questions
Ka-mi the first were painted grey and in 1943 they were painted green does anyone know what model paint colors would be a good match for the green. i know this tank saw combat on saipan and leyte does anyone have any information on the units, markings, fates ect of these vehicals?

Type 94 tankette information on paint schemes and models paint color matches are what i need. I beleieve all/most were in the 1930s 4 colors scheme. I also know that 12 independent light tank companies were euiped with them in China where they were attached to infantry divisions. Any information on there service use ect? I know starting in the late 1930s these units were absorbed into tank regiments and only one was still left by V-J day. thanks in advance.

May 15th, 2012, 6:08 am #2

Hi James.

In the Japanese Modelling group here on ML there are several threads on the Ka-Mi, and I would say that this is the place to ask your Type 94 question, as well.

As for the Green used for IJN tanks, it is the IJN Type 21 Green. It is made by Mr.Color (item SC04) and by White Ensign Models (WEM Colourcoat IJN07).

All the best,

Peter

May 15th, 2012, 9:19 am #3

i am build models of the Ka-Mi and Type 94 tankette and have some questions
Ka-mi the first were painted grey and in 1943 they were painted green does anyone know what model paint colors would be a good match for the green. i know this tank saw combat on saipan and leyte does anyone have any information on the units, markings, fates ect of these vehicals?

Type 94 tankette information on paint schemes and models paint color matches are what i need. I beleieve all/most were in the 1930s 4 colors scheme. I also know that 12 independent light tank companies were euiped with them in China where they were attached to infantry divisions. Any information on there service use ect? I know starting in the late 1930s these units were absorbed into tank regiments and only one was still left by V-J day. thanks in advance.
the early and the late, booths only produced by Finemolds. I think you have the early (is more cut and the idler is little). Exist almost two books of wydaminictwo about this tank and your use in china campaign. One refer to the vehicle and other about the manchuria.
Finemolds have good draws with camo in the instructions all reals. If you need real photos exist almost two in museums one in china (totally original) seen in prime portal and other in South corea (seen in background in some photos of AFV facebook (AFV the model kits enterprise).

cheers.