Just Picked Up A Tamiya Matilda at the LHS

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

Just Picked Up A Tamiya Matilda at the LHS

July 31st, 2009, 4:29 pm #1

I think I've struck gold with a LHS (Daily Hobbies) in Whitby, Ontario as it already has the Tamiya Matilda Mk.III/IV in stock. I don't see it yet on any of the commercial internet sites I check regularly so I don't know how he does it, but he also has the DML Flakpanzer T-34 (White Box) in stock also. The latter kit has been on his shelf for a couple of weeks now. In this day and age where internet shopping is gaining dominance in the hobby, it's nice to see a LHS with an inside track.

Cheers,

Chris

July 31st, 2009, 5:35 pm #2

From Historica Books. Looks like a wonderful little kit. That coupled with the great pre order price of 35.00, it's a hard be beat deal. Thanks Andrew.

Roy

July 31st, 2009, 5:37 pm #3

I think I've struck gold with a LHS (Daily Hobbies) in Whitby, Ontario as it already has the Tamiya Matilda Mk.III/IV in stock. I don't see it yet on any of the commercial internet sites I check regularly so I don't know how he does it, but he also has the DML Flakpanzer T-34 (White Box) in stock also. The latter kit has been on his shelf for a couple of weeks now. In this day and age where internet shopping is gaining dominance in the hobby, it's nice to see a LHS with an inside track.

Cheers,

Chris
My pre-order from Hobby Link Japan came in today (Friday 31 July 2009)

July 31st, 2009, 5:39 pm #4

Cheers,

Chris
I had it on order from HLJ and it arrived last Friday.
Normally I try to support the LHS but I refuse to pay the over inflated Borgfelt commission. Plus Borgfelt tends to ship to western Canada last.
FYI I am in Vancouver.

Greg

July 31st, 2009, 7:33 pm #5

Cheers,

Chris
but it's still nice to see that a "little guy" is running a close second, and doing better than most of the major players.

I may be a dinosaur but I think we'll all be sorry when we have to order our paint and glue by e-commerce because it isn't available locally, only to find that it can't be shipped internationally by mail. The joke may well be on us.

Cheers,

Chris

July 31st, 2009, 8:34 pm #6

Cheers,

Chris
Is when Rainbow 10 in Japan shipped their pre-ordered Matildas - a couple of us got ours on Monday 20th July, which is awesome, 4 days shipping from Japan to Australia!

Now all i have to do is actually start one!!

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au

July 31st, 2009, 9:33 pm #7

Cheers,

Chris
I pre-ordered one from Great Models, hopefully it arrives soon. The old Matilda was the first British kit I built way and I mean waaaay back in the 80's. I look forward to putting this one together.

August 3rd, 2009, 8:40 pm #8

Cheers,

Chris
Mine arrived at Hornet hobbies here in Toronto, Ontario on thursday July 30. Dave had a few on the shelves.
Cheers
DaveG

August 3rd, 2009, 9:09 pm #9

Cheers,

Chris
is it out in the usa yet?

Count me in. Ken
Email addy is. Mobilewagon@yahoo.com

August 4th, 2009, 3:06 pm #10

Do you want to know if the Matilda is out in the US yet so you can try stealing one from someone on Missing Links?