JS-2: Mother Russia's knock out punch!

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

JS-2: Mother Russia's knock out punch!

February 21st, 2012, 10:12 pm #1

Ey guys,

Here are my efforts since my last posting. I can only repeat myself, that this is a true gem. It offers room for improvement for the super-detailling-guys, but it's a pretty neat kit ootb already.

I was trying to paint one of those JS-2 seen in and around Berlin in April/May 1945, beeing somewhat of a synonyme of the Red Army's rush into Berlin and the fall of the Third Reich.

Thanks for looking and have a good one!
Cheers
Sven

February 21st, 2012, 11:49 pm #2

Hi Sven, have to say I do believe you have captured the spirit of those mad bad days in the BoBerlin with some very nice painting and weathering.
Nice touch too with the spare tow shackle stowed over the rear fender section

Looking forward to seeing this on a nice base... and looking very much forward to buy 1 or 2 when they come available

Carry on....

Best

Paul

February 21st, 2012, 11:51 pm #3

Ey guys,

Here are my efforts since my last posting. I can only repeat myself, that this is a true gem. It offers room for improvement for the super-detailling-guys, but it's a pretty neat kit ootb already.

I was trying to paint one of those JS-2 seen in and around Berlin in April/May 1945, beeing somewhat of a synonyme of the Red Army's rush into Berlin and the fall of the Third Reich.

Cheers
Sven

Sven,

!!!!!!!....The dry mud, the wet mud, the tracks, the engine deck, the spare links, the hull front, the wite bands, the turret roof, the wet stains, the exhaust pipes, the polished guide horns, everyhting looks fabulous to me. A fantastic reminder of your very own painting style amigo.

I love it.
Lu

February 22nd, 2012, 1:38 am #4

Ey guys,

Cheers
Sven

Hi Sven,

Great job. Even the small scale shows the mssive appearance of this impressive beast.

Best regards,

Robert

February 22nd, 2012, 4:59 am #5

Ey guys,

Cheers
Sven

I love everything about this, the mud, the shade of green, the way the guards have been left off ...outstanding

Luke Pitt

February 22nd, 2012, 8:43 am #6

Ey guys,

Cheers
Sven

http://roman-bizarre.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/rvscale/
https://roman-the-modelmaker.blogspot.no/

February 22nd, 2012, 1:47 pm #7

Ey guys,

Cheers
Sven

for sure this is the look the beast should have. Great painting and weathering.
I like...
Hope to see him in O'heim.

Erik

February 22nd, 2012, 4:07 pm #8

Ey guys,

Cheers
Sven

Looks just like the hard campaigner she was. Excellent paintwork, and the mud looks just right!

I think you have whetted our appetites for this kit, it's a must have now, for sure!!

Konrad

February 22nd, 2012, 5:48 pm #9

That's all I got, Sven. Perfect.

I cannot wait to get mine now.

Cheers Mate, Pat

p.s. send us an email, Sven. We haven't chatted in ages. P.

February 22nd, 2012, 10:51 pm #10

Ey guys,

Cheers
Sven

Sven

super job..

Need to post this in constructive comments section also. Show the big boys how good 1/48 can be

Q did you hand paint the white strips ?

andrew