JLC Razor Saw

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

JLC Razor Saw

February 15th, 2012, 9:22 pm #1

Hi,

On Alex Clark's recommendation in his Small-Scale Armour book, I bought this razor saw a few days ago, and just got to use it for the first time a few minutes ago.

All I can say is, it is awesome. The blade is so thin and the saw is so light, and it isn't cumbersome at all like the old style razor saw I had been using previously. It is very easy to handle and control. For braille scale it is great.

Just had to mention it. Cut off an engine deck so damn easily just now that I was giggling, and the amount of material lost was so minimal. Thank you Alex for suggesting the JLC saw in your book!

Oh, each blade was two different grades of teeth. Have only used the extra fine tooth side so far.

^^^picture nabbed from Steve Jantscher's review at the link below.

Here's a link with more pictures and review of the JLC so you can see what it looks like:

http://www.rollmodels.net/ninbox/Tools/ ... %20Saw.php
Last edited by torakaze222 on February 15th, 2012, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 15th, 2012, 10:55 pm #2

Glad you like it too Ledon. I've also found I use the finest edge the most (bought a couple of spares to make sure I've got many more years of use covered!)

Alex

February 16th, 2012, 11:20 am #3

Hi,

On Alex Clark's recommendation in his Small-Scale Armour book, I bought this razor saw a few days ago, and just got to use it for the first time a few minutes ago.

All I can say is, it is awesome. The blade is so thin and the saw is so light, and it isn't cumbersome at all like the old style razor saw I had been using previously. It is very easy to handle and control. For braille scale it is great.

Just had to mention it. Cut off an engine deck so damn easily just now that I was giggling, and the amount of material lost was so minimal. Thank you Alex for suggesting the JLC saw in your book!

Oh, each blade was two different grades of teeth. Have only used the extra fine tooth side so far.

^^^picture nabbed from Steve Jantscher's review at the link below.

Here's a link with more pictures and review of the JLC so you can see what it looks like:

http://www.rollmodels.net/ninbox/Tools/ ... %20Saw.php
That looks like just the thing I'm looking for!

Can I ask where you purchased it?
Had a quick google online but can't seem to find a stockist?...

cheers,

Adam

February 16th, 2012, 12:32 pm #4

Last edited by alex clark on February 16th, 2012, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 16th, 2012, 6:01 pm #5

That looks like just the thing I'm looking for!

Can I ask where you purchased it?
Had a quick google online but can't seem to find a stockist?...

cheers,

Adam
Bought mine here:

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/product_ ... ucts_id=35

February 17th, 2012, 3:18 pm #6

February 17th, 2012, 3:19 pm #7