Italian Captured CMP Ford F15 Camionetta

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Italian Captured CMP Ford F15 Camionetta

April 28th, 2012, 11:22 pm #1

This is still a W.I.P. and is waiting for the new Breda 20mm Autocannon to become available from LZ Models [along with ammo stores]. This is LZ's new CMP and I've just fitted my Royal Models crew figures for a photo op.
This model represents a Canadian made truck pressed into service by Italian forces for the purposes of anti-aircraft artillery

I've used Tamiya for the camo and markings / over hairspray and an enamel base. Dust replicated with a water-based-pigment powder mixture. As an interesting finishing note I've used no flat,matt, or dull cote or varnish at all on vehicle or figures. Figures painted chiefly with Vallejo.

It would be kind to let me know if you like it or not and why--or If I've left something out {besides the chianti ! }
Cheers Sirs,
Adam K.

April 29th, 2012, 1:02 am #2

Good.

April 29th, 2012, 2:18 am #3

This is still a W.I.P. and is waiting for the new Breda 20mm Autocannon to become available from LZ Models [along with ammo stores]. This is LZ's new CMP and I've just fitted my Royal Models crew figures for a photo op.
This model represents a Canadian made truck pressed into service by Italian forces for the purposes of anti-aircraft artillery

I've used Tamiya for the camo and markings / over hairspray and an enamel base. Dust replicated with a water-based-pigment powder mixture. As an interesting finishing note I've used no flat,matt, or dull cote or varnish at all on vehicle or figures. Figures painted chiefly with Vallejo.

It would be kind to let me know if you like it or not and why--or If I've left something out {besides the chianti ! }
Cheers Sirs,
Adam K.
Love the weathering.

April 29th, 2012, 3:33 am #4

Cheers Sirs,
Adam K.
but it bears repeating I think; you've really outdone yourself this time. At times in the past I must admit, I thought you had gone a little overboard on the chipping (IMHO of course), but this and the weasel are note perfect

Top class stuff

Chris

Inside the Armour
www.insidethearmour.com

April 29th, 2012, 5:11 am #5

Cheers Sirs,
Adam K.
Magnificent

April 29th, 2012, 9:13 am #6

Good.
Hey much appreciated!

AK

April 29th, 2012, 9:14 am #7

Love the weathering.
Dave
I value your opinion highly Mister
---thanks so much!

AK

April 29th, 2012, 9:20 am #8

but it bears repeating I think; you've really outdone yourself this time. At times in the past I must admit, I thought you had gone a little overboard on the chipping (IMHO of course), but this and the weasel are note perfect

Top class stuff

Chris

Inside the Armour
www.insidethearmour.com
I do like the ring of that Chris 8-)
Thanks and I do know what you mean---I did beat the frap out of the last set of desert vehicles I did as well as certain long-serving Russian vehicles---but the Weasels received only minimal chipping as appropriate for American machines with good durable paint----This one was another matter-----it was supposed to have had a whole [Allied] life before the Italians got a hold of it---so it deserved everything I gave it! LOL

AK

April 29th, 2012, 9:21 am #9

Magnificent
Magnificent is a fine fine word!
Thank you for such a summation

Best,

AK

April 29th, 2012, 9:37 am #10

Cheers Sirs,
Adam K.
Excellent work, I like a lot the dust effect and the chipping work, And one question, What abaut the model, the resin is a good quality, fits well? Thank´s in advance and again excellent work.