Italeri M3A1

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

Italeri M3A1

November 30th, 2011, 2:56 pm #1

LuckyModel is listing an M3A1 from Italeri on their website for around $20USD. I'd imagine its roots are from another manufacturer. Can anyone shed some light and is it worth the $20 or are the Tamiya and Academy versions I already have sufficient? I never heard of Italeri doing one of these.

Frank

November 30th, 2011, 3:23 pm #2

Hervé "Charby" Charbonneau
Chicoutimi QC
Canada

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. (Bullet Tooth Tony)

November 30th, 2011, 3:54 pm #3

Paul

November 30th, 2011, 3:56 pm #4

Hervé "Charby" Charbonneau
Chicoutimi QC
Canada

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. (Bullet Tooth Tony)
Plus lucky shows the sprues, decals (new) etc. Unless you get parts not shown (they even show the tow cable string) the Italeri boxing only has the glue together link tracks and not the optional vinyl ones.
DAVID NICKELS

December 3rd, 2011, 9:44 am #5

LuckyModel is listing an M3A1 from Italeri on their website for around $20USD. I'd imagine its roots are from another manufacturer. Can anyone shed some light and is it worth the $20 or are the Tamiya and Academy versions I already have sufficient? I never heard of Italeri doing one of these.

Frank
Good Morning,

the Academy is NOT a correct M3A1.
Academy has decided to go with the hull of their first kit, an M3.

Cutting off the rivets, that would be no problem! But changing the contours of the hull rear will require some major surgery! On the other hand the bogeys are to high. I would recommend the AFV Club M3/M5/M8 suspension kit to correct this fault.

The best solution would be: Find a FORMATIONS F026 M3A1 Stuart Welded Hull and a F027 M3 Stuart Lower Hull adapts AFV Club Suspension to Academy M3.

Yes, I know Formations closed its shop. But maybe you'll be lucky in finding one on ebay.

Best regards

Hauke Krapf