It's Christmas....and time for our annual Wish List !

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

It's Christmas....and time for our annual Wish List !

December 12th, 2011, 5:33 am #1

Hi Guys,

The irritatingly cheerful Wayne here again. Merry Christmas to one and all!!
We haven't had a poll here for a looooong time. And yes, we've been pretty doggone lucky these past couple of years, haven't we?

But it's almost traditional here on the Allied DG. So let's have some fun with it (oh boy!).

Needless to say, I've got a few dream-kits. So I'll start the ball rolling...

1.A new Bren Gun Carrier.

2.A Sexton

3.A short wheel based CCKW to tow our new 105's and 40mm Bofor's!

4.An M5 gun tractor to tow our new 155mm howitzers.

5.An M20 Diamond T combination tank transporter for all our new British and Russian armour.

6.A water-cooled 50cal AA gun.

7.Humber MkIII light reconnaissance car.

I'm sure there's a few that I forgot....

Wayne (already putting up his Christmas lights) Killeen

December 12th, 2011, 6:46 am #2

Nice idea, Wayne - a good start to the festive season!

Being a Matilda obsessive, I'll start with a couple of aftermarket Matilda things I'd reeeally like to see in the coming year:

- the different variations of mantlet (I have actually tried doing these myself, but have failed miserably thus far);
- the big stowage sack that can often be seen hanging from the back end of Matildas in the desert;
- the rack for the small "flimsies" tins (the etch Tigermodels one is quite nice, but I find I'm really struggling with it. A resin rack might possibly work);
- empty POL tin panniers, which can have tins added if needed; and
- the variation of track having welded-on "overshoes" (used prior to the more well-known "spudded" track)

I agree with your suggestions of new carrier, Sexton and Diamond T kits. I'd also like to suggest (in injection plastic form):

- A9 and A10 cruisers
- Tetrarch
- Daimler armoured car
- a host of AEC variants (Matador, armoured cars etc)
- Tasca to release a welded hood M4A2
- a conversion for the Tasca M4A4 to create DD tanks
- various Churchill AVRE fittings (bridge, bobbin etc)
- an early Crocodile trailer
- AFV Club to release M3 Stuarts (tho I'm happy they're busy with Churchills, LVTs and Valentines!)
- Morris FAT

There are probably more I can't immediately think of, but that'll do for now

And, finally, decals - I'd like to see more decals of Canadian AFVs for Italy and NW Europe. While there are some good generic AoS and formation sign sets out there, I'd like a few sets depicting specific vehicles, along the lines of decal sheets produced by Echelon and Bison. I'd also like to see nice decals for New Zealand Valentines and more British LVTs (in particular a few LVT-2s)

Well, we can always dream!

Best regards

Mike
(Canberra, Australia)

December 12th, 2011, 9:17 am #3

Scammell Pioneer
Daimler Armoured Car
Bedfords of all types (are you out there IBG?)
1930s cars of all nations
1930s lorries of all nations

December 12th, 2011, 11:37 am #4

Hi Guys,

We haven't had a poll here for a looooong time. And yes, we've been pretty doggone lucky these past couple of years, haven't we?

But it's almost traditional here on the Allied DG. So let's have some fun with it (oh boy!).

2.A Sexton

5.An M20 Diamond T combination tank transporter for all our new British and Russian armour.

to see a Morris Quad. An A30 Challenger,(I have SKP's offering), An M5/9 Halftrack, Daimler armoured car and a new Crusader. You chaps have covered everything else. Oh how about a new 6 pounder and Lloyd carrier to tow it!

December 12th, 2011, 12:22 pm #5

Merry Christmas one and All!
There is a similar W/L on the "General" forum.

F.A.T. is a good choice. M-20 w/ Rogers trailer another great choice. New tooled Crusader. A U.S. 37mm A/T gun. New tooled Univ. Carrier and a Lloyd carrier. A dry stowage M4A3 Sherman.

Frank Blanton

"Fantasy Football,
Dungeons and Dragons for Jocks"

December 12th, 2011, 12:32 pm #6

Nice idea, Wayne - a good start to the festive season!

Being a Matilda obsessive, I'll start with a couple of aftermarket Matilda things I'd reeeally like to see in the coming year:

- the different variations of mantlet (I have actually tried doing these myself, but have failed miserably thus far);
- the big stowage sack that can often be seen hanging from the back end of Matildas in the desert;
- the rack for the small "flimsies" tins (the etch Tigermodels one is quite nice, but I find I'm really struggling with it. A resin rack might possibly work);
- empty POL tin panniers, which can have tins added if needed; and
- the variation of track having welded-on "overshoes" (used prior to the more well-known "spudded" track)

I agree with your suggestions of new carrier, Sexton and Diamond T kits. I'd also like to suggest (in injection plastic form):

- A9 and A10 cruisers
- Tetrarch
- Daimler armoured car
- a host of AEC variants (Matador, armoured cars etc)
- Tasca to release a welded hood M4A2
- a conversion for the Tasca M4A4 to create DD tanks
- various Churchill AVRE fittings (bridge, bobbin etc)
- an early Crocodile trailer
- AFV Club to release M3 Stuarts (tho I'm happy they're busy with Churchills, LVTs and Valentines!)
- Morris FAT

There are probably more I can't immediately think of, but that'll do for now

And, finally, decals - I'd like to see more decals of Canadian AFVs for Italy and NW Europe. While there are some good generic AoS and formation sign sets out there, I'd like a few sets depicting specific vehicles, along the lines of decal sheets produced by Echelon and Bison. I'd also like to see nice decals for New Zealand Valentines and more British LVTs (in particular a few LVT-2s)

Well, we can always dream!

Best regards

Mike
(Canberra, Australia)
If you don't mind them in resin form Mike, I bought the masters for the A9 and A10 from Cromwell. They will be released early next year

Chris

Inside the Armour
www.insidethearmour.com

December 12th, 2011, 12:38 pm #7

Hi Guys,

2.A Sexton

I have and for more money to increase said stash. Mike

December 12th, 2011, 12:49 pm #8

Hi Guys,

2.A Sexton

1/ A9 Cruiser
2/ A10 Cruiser
3/ Scammell Pioneer & transporter trailer
4/ M20 Diamond T combination tank transporter
5/ Citroen 23R truck from 1940 http://www.o5m6.de/citroen_23.html)
6/ Kassbohrer superheavy tank tranporter trailer (as used with Diamond T to haul the ex-SS501 Kingtiger across Belgium to Aberdeen
7/ 1930s Peugeot 202 car/"Tilly"-type conversion http://www.maquetland.com/v2/index.php? ... ype=photos)

December 12th, 2011, 1:51 pm #9

Hi Guys,

2.A Sexton

A lot of great kits have appeared in the last couple years, many unexpected. There is still room however, so let's go;

1) An M18 "Hellcat" that actually looks like an M18. Two efforts so far with many citicisms of the hull form. THere are DOZENS ofthe real thing out there, but we don't have a really GOOD M18. C'mon guys, this thing can be achieved!

2) For Miniart to actually produce the US tank crew sets that have been announced

3) An M10 with the hull and turret that stand up to the reviewers!

4) An M5-series High Speed Tractor to tow the new 155mm howitzer

5) For Dragon to produce long-announced kit #7272, the 1/72nd scale M4A3E2

6) Some resin US heads with M1 helmets in 1/72nd scale. There are many decent US figures in 1/72nd, but all too often the helmet has wrong profiles or the face has a big seam of soft plastic. A series of nice resin heads (ala Hornet) would help out.

7) A nice plastic 57mm AT gun M1-series.

8) Good 1/35th resin wheels/tires for the US 155mm howitzer and the US 105mm howitzer.

9) 90mm AAA gun - too common to be ignored forever (I hope)

That's about it for now. Merry Christmas to all!

Gary B.
Last edited by gary.binder on December 12th, 2011, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 12th, 2011, 2:06 pm #10

Hi Guys,

2.A Sexton

My wishes for 2012, besides a safe and rewarding year for all of you, are...

a styrene DD Sherman, I know it will be an expensive kit, but it would be worth it.

Tamiya did such a bang up job on the B1 bis, would love to see them tackle a WW1 British Mk IV and an FT-17.

And finally, I wish for more new Sherman's from Tasca (M4A3 75, M4A1 big hatch, M4, M4 Composite).

I think that would be about all I could afford, actually.

JW