Is it just me, or should Photobucket drop deep into the ocean depths?

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Is it just me, or should Photobucket drop deep into the ocean depths?

March 24th, 2012, 4:40 am #1

Anyone else having uploading trouble? Seems like this topic comes up often.

March 24th, 2012, 12:56 pm #2

Never had a problem logging in, linking, uploading, etc.
DAVID NICKELS

March 24th, 2012, 1:41 pm #3

I have never had a problem with Photo Bucket either.

Gino P. Quintiliani

Field Artillery --- The KING of BATTLE!!!

HeavyArty's Showcase

Field Artillery --- The KING of BATTLE!!!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

March 24th, 2012, 2:15 pm #4

Is it a browser issue for you? I use Firefox.

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andyksmodelblog.blogspot.com/

March 24th, 2012, 3:26 pm #5

my ISP bandwidth and speed. I have to use a satelite ISP because of my location, and the bandwidth and up- / down-load speeds can be limiting (as well as issues with weather).

Photobucket seems to assume that all its users have high-speed DSL conections and it acts accordingly.

But other than that, it works reliably for me.

Now, if I can only figure out how to get the larger formated images like some guys here can post, I'd be happy!

Mike

March 24th, 2012, 6:49 pm #6

It's my go-to photo hosting site. I have Webshots too, but don't like their proprietary system you need to download photos. I usually size my photos before uploading to 1000-1200 max width at 100 dpi so they don't use too much bandwidth, never any issues.

Jim

March 24th, 2012, 8:32 pm #7

..never had a problem. I am a Mac/Safari user which is can be a problem with some sites but never an issue with PB.

Regards Dave

March 24th, 2012, 8:45 pm #8

Operator Error

March 24th, 2012, 9:01 pm #9

my ISP bandwidth and speed. I have to use a satelite ISP because of my location, and the bandwidth and up- / down-load speeds can be limiting (as well as issues with weather).

Photobucket seems to assume that all its users have high-speed DSL conections and it acts accordingly.

But other than that, it works reliably for me.

Now, if I can only figure out how to get the larger formated images like some guys here can post, I'd be happy!

Mike
I upload my photos directly from my camera to the computer to PB. And then use the cut and paste Image Code link

[/IMG]
DAVID NICKELS

March 25th, 2012, 1:27 am #10

I use firefox but also sometimes switch to internet explorer when a site doesn't like firefox. I'm running them on a new computer with an up to date processor and software

I've paid to upgrade my account with PB to get more bandwidth and ever since I did that it hangs when I'm uploading pictures

Also when I go to look at posts on Constuctive Comments here in ML, It takes an age (and I mean minutes) to download threads with pictures linked from PB, which is why I can't comment on any. As all I'm doing here is looking, I fail to see how that qualifies as 'Operator Error'

Inside the Armour
www.insidethearmour.com