Is accurate armour still open for business?

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Is accurate armour still open for business?

January 8th, 2013, 11:19 pm #1

On Dec 27,l placed on order at accurate armour for a humber pig kit,but so far my card hasn't even been charged.It's now the 8th and l was hoping to get the kit before l take a few weeks off work.I know they have a really good reputation and if they where closed over the Xmas holidays,that's fine.But l have called the phone number,but apparently,the number isn't "available."Anyone out there know if they are on an extended vacation,closed for the winter,or something else?
Thank u for any answers or suggestions.....

January 9th, 2013, 1:34 am #2

If you look at the website, it says they are now back open for business, that was on the 7th....placing an order 2 days after Christmas day, you probably just need to be a bit patient and let everyone get back to work.Think of the backlog they will have if they had a lot of others placing orders over Christmas.
They ain't like that other company from Scotland....

Jon

January 9th, 2013, 8:21 am #3

On Dec 27,l placed on order at accurate armour for a humber pig kit,but so far my card hasn't even been charged.It's now the 8th and l was hoping to get the kit before l take a few weeks off work.I know they have a really good reputation and if they where closed over the Xmas holidays,that's fine.But l have called the phone number,but apparently,the number isn't "available."Anyone out there know if they are on an extended vacation,closed for the winter,or something else?
Thank u for any answers or suggestions.....
Chris,

No problem, we were just on holiday, your order is in the system and the automatic confirmation e-mail you should have received did mention that we would be back on 7th January. Your card will only be charged when the order is ready to go, which is my standard policy.

Now back to the backlog.....

Regards, and Happy New Year

Derek

January 9th, 2013, 10:41 pm #4

thank you gentlemen.My gf was starting to nag me a bit about the order,since it's her Xmas gift to me.Two of my sisters both put in other orders for kits from other sites,but not early enough.Needless to say,one has been in Chicago for a while now,with another being stuck in Johanesburg.It gets a little frustrating,lol!!
Be well.....