Introduction

Hosted by Francois Gousse this discussion group is dedicated to AFV's of the First World War from all countries as well as tank development during the 1920s and 1930s.

Introduction

March 20th, 2004, 4:32 pm #1

Bonjour,

First, I want to thank Missing Lynx for creating this forum and choosing me to be the moderator.

My name is Francois Gousse, 37 yo, and I live near Montreal, Canada. I work as a security guard in the dorm of a youth center. I have plenty of time at night at work to build my models 8-). I started building models when I was around 6-7. I stopped in my late teens and re-started in my mid-twenties. My main interests are the vehicles (1/35) and planes (1/72) of the minor countries who fought in WWII, like Poland, Rumania, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Belgium, Holland, Finland, Slovakia, etc. I am also interested in the AFVs and planes used in pre-WWII conflicts like the Gran Chaco War (though I don't have much info on that war), the Spanish Civil War and the Sino-Japanese War. And finally, I play the sci-fi wargame Warhammer 40,000 and use 1/35 vehicles as they are a lot cheaper than Games Workshop's on models.

I am happy this forum is quite active and I hope it will be for a long time.

Thank you all for participating in this forum. Happy modelling!

Regards from Canada.
Francois.
Site moderator.

March 20th, 2004, 10:35 pm #2

Just a few words to François: I am an italian modeller who has always been in love of those strange machines, nearer to iron monsters than to a tank or an armoured car.
I am happy to have seen that a new forum has been created here, on missing lynx.
My best wishes for a happy and long long career on this site.
I hope to see in a next future an avalanche of WWI kits on the martket and the same avalanche of models at Missing lynx galleries.
Mario Didier

gilles thomas
gilles thomas

March 21st, 2004, 9:03 am #3

Regarding my interest in AFV modelling, I could just copy your post!
My favourite models are those strange beast born during the early times of armoured warfare and I work now on Vickers, Ft 17 around the world and Early british Marks...
Regards
Gilles