Introducing Onefortyeight.com

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Introducing Onefortyeight.com

June 1st, 2009, 8:46 am #1

I am pleased to introduce to all of you Oneforyeight.com, a new webpage devoted to our beloved 1/48th scale.

The driving force behind Oneforyeight.com is our moderator Luciano Rodríguez, one of the more influential modelers nowadays. Luciano and I have been thinking for some time now about the opportunity to create a new, modern and attractive page only focused in the quarter scale. We both think that this scale offers a lot of possibilities and Oneforyeight.com aspires to become a meeting point for the 1/48th modelers, a place where all the tremendous potential of the quarter scale is displayed. We want to become a reference place through the display of attractive, high quality contents, mainly in the form of excellent models.

Our will is also to be an international site, open to modelers from all over the world. We think that modeling is an international visual language that can be used to establish ties among people of different countries and cultures. For this reason, and despite images and not words will be the main characters in Oneforyeight.com, we have decided to make the page bilingual, English/Japanese, with the aim to reach the maximum amount of modelers, both western and eastern. I would like here to mention our friend Masanori Sato, who help us with the Japanese contents.

Also I would like to thank to the four modelers who open the fire in our gallery: Rick Lawler, Joaquín García Gázquez, Domingo Hernández and Dominik Trad.

I hope you enjoy Oneforyeight.com. Please visit our page and bookmark it. Our intention is to update it as frequently as our real world activities allow us. We would like to hear your impressions, comments, opinions... so please, feel free to express them here.

We even have a promo video...

Antonio (& Luciano)

www.afvplanet.com

Last edited by Antonio Martín Tello on June 1st, 2009, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.facebook.com/AFVPlanet/

June 1st, 2009, 10:16 am #2

very nice work .Should develope very nicley into a top site .I hope you are not going to leave us lu .Keep up the good work wayne

June 1st, 2009, 11:25 am #3

I am pleased to introduce to all of you Oneforyeight.com, a new webpage devoted to our beloved 1/48th scale.

The driving force behind Oneforyeight.com is our moderator Luciano Rodríguez, one of the more influential modelers nowadays. Luciano and I have been thinking for some time now about the opportunity to create a new, modern and attractive page only focused in the quarter scale. We both think that this scale offers a lot of possibilities and Oneforyeight.com aspires to become a meeting point for the 1/48th modelers, a place where all the tremendous potential of the quarter scale is displayed. We want to become a reference place through the display of attractive, high quality contents, mainly in the form of excellent models.

Our will is also to be an international site, open to modelers from all over the world. We think that modeling is an international visual language that can be used to establish ties among people of different countries and cultures. For this reason, and despite images and not words will be the main characters in Oneforyeight.com, we have decided to make the page bilingual, English/Japanese, with the aim to reach the maximum amount of modelers, both western and eastern. I would like here to mention our friend Masanori Sato, who help us with the Japanese contents.

Also I would like to thank to the four modelers who open the fire in our gallery: Rick Lawler, Joaquín García Gázquez, Domingo Hernández and Dominik Trad.

I hope you enjoy Oneforyeight.com. Please visit our page and bookmark it. Our intention is to update it as frequently as our real world activities allow us. We would like to hear your impressions, comments, opinions... so please, feel free to express them here.

Antonio (& Luciano)

www.afvplanet.com

...in Firefox 3 or Safari. They do play in Internet Explorer 7.

David

June 1st, 2009, 12:33 pm #4

very nice work .Should develope very nicley into a top site .I hope you are not going to leave us lu .Keep up the good work wayne

June 1st, 2009, 12:51 pm #5

Antonio (& Luciano)

www.afvplanet.com

...devoted to Smaller Scale!

Lu, Antonio & Mabo, well done gentlemen. Thank you for asking me to be a small part of your big adventure.

Congratulations,

Rick

(BTW..I WAS able to play the promo video on Firefox)

http://ricklawler.plastic-garden.com/

June 1st, 2009, 1:37 pm #6

Hi Rick,

Thank you very much for your wards.

I'm not mabo-san.
I'm Toku.

But, mabo-san is one of my good friend in Japan.
Do not mind it.

Best regards

Masanori sato

June 1st, 2009, 1:49 pm #7

Antonio (& Luciano)

www.afvplanet.com

Good to see a new site. It's really funny as I thought about doing a blog about 1/48 modelling a while back. It never got off the ground, but the name was... OneFortyEight.com. Don't think I ever bought the domain though, just looked at it. So I read this and I thought "I know that name...".

Best of luck with the site. I'd love to see more from our fellow modellers in Asia, as they do some great stuff that never shows up on this side of the globe.

June 1st, 2009, 2:01 pm #8

Hi Rick,

Thank you very much for your wards.

I'm not mabo-san.
I'm Toku.

But, mabo-san is one of my good friend in Japan.
Do not mind it.

Best regards

Masanori sato
Sometimes it is hard to keep the names straight!

My apologies, Masanori sato.

Rick

http://ricklawler.plastic-garden.com/

June 1st, 2009, 2:40 pm #9

Antonio (& Luciano)

www.afvplanet.com

very well laid out, and a fine addition to the sites dealing with 1/48 armor/military modeling. Congratulations and I hope it proves to be popular and useful. It is especially nice to be able to tap into the Asian armor modeling scene, as so much of their stuff doesn't seem to make it over to the land of the Gaijin..... Domo arrigato!

June 1st, 2009, 3:17 pm #10

Antonio (& Luciano)

www.afvplanet.com

Even though I miss the Forum where we can discuss the totally unacceptable flaws on new kits and complain about too little releases. Other than that it seems to be ok

Now, joke aside. What a dream team ! As a great fan of afvplanet.com com I appreciate the layout of the new site.

Best of luck with the site, it is already bookmarked !

Cheers and thanks Toku, Lu & Anotnio !!!
Sven