Interesting M3 CDL photo on Facebook

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

Interesting M3 CDL photo on Facebook

June 30th, 2012, 9:41 pm #1

Hi All
I've been browsing the many pictures on the Tank Museum's Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/tankmuseum/photos?ref=ts

A gentleman called Lawrence Kelly has posted ths very interesting shot of some Grant CDLS (For discussion purposes only)
[/IMG]

I've nabbed a copy and popped it onto my photobucket account. I just wanted to draw attention to the photo but couldn't link directly to it. If this is not acceptable I'll delete the copy straight away.

Someone with an interest in researching CDL's might have a unique opportunity here as the posters' grandfather took the photo. It's worth looking through the rest of the photo's too.

Many Thanks
Owen

June 30th, 2012, 10:31 pm #2

Thanks for sharing !!!

July 1st, 2012, 6:42 am #3

Hi All
I've been browsing the many pictures on the Tank Museum's Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/tankmuseum/photos?ref=ts

A gentleman called Lawrence Kelly has posted ths very interesting shot of some Grant CDLS (For discussion purposes only)
[/IMG]

I've nabbed a copy and popped it onto my photobucket account. I just wanted to draw attention to the photo but couldn't link directly to it. If this is not acceptable I'll delete the copy straight away.

Someone with an interest in researching CDL's might have a unique opportunity here as the posters' grandfather took the photo. It's worth looking through the rest of the photo's too.

Many Thanks
Owen
Hi
The pic above looks similar countryside etc. to the ones I have, as used in India, late War / 46. My wife's old boss (Sue Burton) in Derby Tax Office lent me her Dad's wartime photo Album. It includes Sherman M32 ARV (like Italeri's kit) and IIRC, Shermans. Some are on railway flat wagons. I'm sure some CDL are on cast hulls too.

Although I photocopied, the quality wasn't brill - but I have a chance to scan them soon when on a break, and hopefully upload them - so perhaps we can tweak them or make larger.

I'd love to try to get better copies, but the evidence is there.

Cheers
Andrew

July 1st, 2012, 12:28 pm #4

And most interested (me)!
Thank you, Owen, and I am looking foreward to some CDL and M32 pics, Andrew!
Richard

July 1st, 2012, 1:15 pm #5

Hi
The pic above looks similar countryside etc. to the ones I have, as used in India, late War / 46. My wife's old boss (Sue Burton) in Derby Tax Office lent me her Dad's wartime photo Album. It includes Sherman M32 ARV (like Italeri's kit) and IIRC, Shermans. Some are on railway flat wagons. I'm sure some CDL are on cast hulls too.

Although I photocopied, the quality wasn't brill - but I have a chance to scan them soon when on a break, and hopefully upload them - so perhaps we can tweak them or make larger.

Cheers
Andrew
use the finest resolution you can get when making the images. It will alow the greatest chances of enlarging and enhancing. If you are thinking of doing more than simple enhancement, TIFF files are humongeous, but have all the raw data from the scan and are a better place to start for more thorough enhancements.

Just a couple points.

BTW, I'm looking forward to these scans as these photos are intriquing.

Paul

Paul Roberts

Join AMPS!
www.amps-armor.org

July 1st, 2012, 2:04 pm #6

Hi

Cheers
Andrew
and ... if the M32 are available .... yeah, yeah
Last edited by fanosuarez on July 1st, 2012, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 2nd, 2012, 3:41 pm #7

use the finest resolution you can get when making the images. It will alow the greatest chances of enlarging and enhancing. If you are thinking of doing more than simple enhancement, TIFF files are humongeous, but have all the raw data from the scan and are a better place to start for more thorough enhancements.

Just a couple points.

BTW, I'm looking forward to these scans as these photos are intriquing.

Paul

Paul Roberts

Join AMPS!
www.amps-armor.org
thanks for those tips. I may need to send them on to someone to upload? Offers - email or load to somewhere - easily???

Cheers
Andrew